Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5194 (Non-Stop Wardrobe)

Reviewed by:suzanrossi

About suzanrossistar
Member since: 11/10/06
Posted on:1/7/07 6:52 PM
Last Updated:1/20/07 3:29 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Re Becca said... (1/20/07 5:32 PM) Reply
HA, I don't understand the back zipper thing either, my arms go to the front, why would I put closures in the back. BUT, it does make many alterations easier. You did a great job!
Ann Smith said... (1/20/07 4:27 PM) Reply
Very pretty outfit that looks great on you. I especially love the jacket.
rivergum said... (1/10/07 3:07 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress!
suzanrossi said... (1/9/07 5:01 PM) Reply
I'll hem the pants and get a photo in here soon. Thank you all for the reassurance. (You''ll LOVE the zipper view!)
Jane S said... (1/9/07 1:36 PM) Reply
Wow, you look fabulous in this outfit. Great review and wonderful dress and jacket. Thanks for encouraging me to try something more than scarves from the silk chiffons in my stash.
Hilary said... (1/9/07 9:29 AM) Reply
I love the jacket- you did a beautiful job on it! I think the whole outfit flatters you-not to young. You made the pants too? I'd love to see those too :o) Oh and I think a ribbon trim would be pretty on the top, but maybe leave off the bow?
LBJ said... (1/8/07 4:32 PM) Reply
Very nice! I'd love to see the jacket with the pants!
MelissaB in WA said... (1/8/07 2:11 PM) Reply
Very well done first review! I agree with the others, you look fantastic at 53! My mom has good genes too (she's 52) and I hope they are passed on to me! ;-) Love your dress and jacket, it looks nice on you.
carolynw said... (1/8/07 9:27 AM) Reply
It's early Monday AM and I am just having my coffee - want to make sure I am not half asleep - you are 50 something?? This looks so lovely on you forget about it being too young for you - in this case I would say age is very definitely just a number!! Great work on the jacket too.
AnneM said... (1/8/07 8:30 AM) Reply
Very nice dress & jacket. Congrats.
Danvillegirl said... (1/8/07 5:24 AM) Reply
Great job, your jacket looks great, love the pockets!
Helen near Sydney said... (1/8/07 2:02 AM) Reply
I'm sorry but there's no way you're 53!?
suzanrossi said... (1/7/07 10:29 PM) Reply
Thanks, Sewshot! I'm just recovering from a monster cold and FEEL even older this week. Great end to my vacation!
Sewshot said... (1/7/07 9:58 PM) Reply
Great outfit, and well done. I must say that you don't remotely look like you're in your 50's - I remember being there once! - and the style doesn't look too young for you. The jacket is especially nice, and it sounds like you've got a great wardrobe there with those 4 pieces.
Ruth C said... (1/7/07 9:01 PM) Reply
Lovely dress and good review. I like your drying method!
blue mooney said... (1/7/07 8:19 PM) Reply
the style and the colors look great on you.

All About Linings