Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Design Magazine> 04-2004-37 (Boy's Boxer Briefs)

Reviewed by:MelissaB in WA

About MelissaB in WAstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 3/18/04
Posted on:1/7/07 6:20 PM
Last Updated:1/7/07 6:26 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
lisaquilts said... (10/10/07 10:23 AM) Reply
What a great and detailed review. I just backordered issue 4/04 and look forward to trying a pair. Great job!
quiltsammon said... (1/10/07 4:50 PM) Reply
I bought this issue JUST for the underwear patterns. Have I made them....no. Thanks for the review. It reminded me that DS needs new underwear badly and I do have a bunch of knit scraps right now. Thanks for the all the tips!!!!!! I will be making these in the next couple of days!!
slanden99 said... (1/8/07 10:34 AM) Reply
You had so many good ideas in the review. I like how you zigzaged the seam allowances down on the outside. It's so much faster than that binding I did.
JDpenelope said... (1/8/07 2:30 AM) Reply
Your review makes me wish I had a little boy to sew for! (Maybe one of these days I will -- in the form of a grandchild, that is!) There are lots of great tips in your review. Thanks for the idea to use the flexible cutting mats from WalMart for templates. Will definitely use this idea!
jnamcd said... (1/7/07 9:06 PM) Reply
Awesome review and great boxers!! I'll have to check out the sewing mamas site later! Amy
Peggy L said... (1/7/07 8:27 PM) Reply
When do you sleep??? I am always amazed at how much sewing you get accomplished. Cute boxers - I'm sure you'll be making lots of these.
touran said... (1/7/07 7:23 PM) Reply
I have this issue, and so need to try out the pattern. At least it would be a good use for all the little knit scraps.

Victoria Jones Collection 309 Womens' Long Dress