Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5181 (Misses Shirts and Blouses)

Reviewed by:Markie1

About Markie1starstarstar
Member since: 11/4/06
Posted on:1/8/07 0:18 AM
Last Updated:1/10/07 2:17 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
AlexaNJ said... (4/10/07 11:43 PM) Reply
I'm really impressed with this! I just finished and reviewed View D and now this makes me want to do View B as well! Awesome job!
SewTwin said... (1/24/07 4:11 AM) Reply
This looks great, and verrry stylish! I envy your jump in attitude. Edited my comment..Thanks for the great review..
Markie1 said... (1/11/07 0:39 AM) Reply
Great tip Kay, that makes perfect sense, and so easy! Thanks..
Kay Romo said... (1/10/07 10:25 PM) Reply
Hi! When matching plaids I always use one side front as a pattern for other side. This way plaid matches.
Markie1 said... (1/10/07 1:21 PM) Reply
Hi Linda--Thanks so much for your comments--Red and black taffeta would be gorgeous.The jacket pattern is McCall's 5245. It was a great pattern. I WILL review it soon!
Linda G said... (1/10/07 1:01 PM) Reply
This blouse is awesome as my grandkids would say. I just picked up some plaid taaffeta at JoAnn to have in my stash to have for next year....similar but red and black with a little bit of gold metallic...I am going to keep this pattern in mind....I can't wait until you do the jacket review is that McCalls 5176 without the ruffle??
Debbie Cook said... (1/10/07 11:18 AM) Reply
What a pretty blouse for the holidays! Welcome to PR. :-)
mendospot said... (1/10/07 9:49 AM) Reply
This is pretty much what I have been looking for to make for myself with some plaid fabric. I don't think I would have found the pattern without your review. Can't wait to see the jacket review--which pattern did you use for that? Cute!
CarolynGM said... (1/10/07 6:18 AM) Reply
The blouse is dramatic and beautiful, both with and without the jacket.
Jane S said... (1/9/07 7:38 PM) Reply
Fun review and wonderful blouse...very festive.
Markie1 said... (1/9/07 1:42 PM) Reply
Thank you all so much for taking the time to comment. (DrLJN, so glad to hear it about the FBA's, I'm very excited to try it now. ) This is such an encouraging community, thanks all.
ryan's mom said... (1/9/07 9:17 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse!
Hilary said... (1/9/07 8:28 AM) Reply
Gorgeous!! You did a wonderful job, it really looks beautiful with the jacket too. I Like your version much better than the pattern cover. Welcome to PR!
LornaJay said... (1/9/07 6:06 AM) Reply
Don't stress about the FBA - I've done a grand total of 2, and the second one was just right!
Larkin said... (1/9/07 2:56 AM) Reply
Wow! What a beautiful blouse and I love it paired with the jacket. Thanks so much for putting so much time into your review. Your reward is.... a fabulous blouse to wear!
sewfun4me said... (1/8/07 11:50 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse and great first review.
PattyU said... (1/8/07 9:05 PM) Reply
I really like your blouse. Thanks for the review. I never think of taffeta as a shirting, but it looks great and very festive.
Lori V said... (1/8/07 7:31 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse, so wonderful for the holiday season. Congrats on your first review, can't wait to see the jacket.
Ann Smith said... (1/8/07 1:01 PM) Reply
Beautiful and bold. I love it.
frame said... (1/8/07 9:38 AM) Reply
Very nicely done. Looks great.
moss said... (1/8/07 8:42 AM) Reply
I can't wait to see your jacket review. Your blouse looks WAY better than the pattern drawings. Nice job. :)
Lhan said... (1/8/07 6:40 AM) Reply
Very nice! I would not have thought of this fabric with this pattern - but it looks good - especially with the velvet jacket.
Tany said... (1/8/07 4:24 AM) Reply
Your blouse looks wonderful! Excellent first review!
Vonnevo said... (1/8/07 1:52 AM) Reply
A beautiful blouse and fabric ! Congratulations on writing your first review :))

StyleArc Steffi Jacket