Pattern Reviews> Folkwear> 137 (Australian Drover's Coat)

Reviewed by:tomed

About tomed
IL USA
Member since: 6/2/05
Posted on:1/29/07 8:48 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
l chill said... (4/7/10 2:44 PM) Reply
thanx for this review, I'm looking to buy this pattern for my husband. He's anxious to sew his own duster all by himself and this is the pattern he likes.
Annika said... (1/31/07 11:12 AM) Reply
Fantastic coat! Be sure to post it on the Folkwear website as well - they'll get a kick out of it!
Harriet Rogers said... (1/30/07 3:05 PM) Reply
I love the coat and the fabric: definitely screams "Spring is On The Way". Thanks for review: the pattern sounds so well drafted that I think I'll buy just in case I want yet another coat. Great job.
blue mooney said... (1/30/07 12:19 PM) Reply
Super coat - and it's great to see this pattern reviewed!
AnneM said... (1/30/07 8:20 AM) Reply
Fun. Very unusual in your fabric, and definitely looks like a wearable muslin.
moss said... (1/30/07 7:55 AM) Reply
I love the fabric on this. So unexpected!
motomoda said... (1/30/07 6:21 AM) Reply
Now what would the boys on their Harleys (or horses) say to this!!! Great coat and I think the fabric is quite special - you have created a new heirloom.
Lhan said... (1/30/07 6:03 AM) Reply
What a great coat! I was amazed at the choice of fabric, but decided I liked it a lot, before I read that this was your muslin. I think it is very original, and you should wear it. Great review.
Nancywin said... (1/30/07 1:04 AM) Reply
This musst have been a lot of work. It looks like you did a very nice job on it. Your topstitching looks great!
luvzdogz said... (1/29/07 11:13 PM) Reply
Real cute and it has an interesting cut to it - those Folkwear patterns always seem to have their own twist on things, don't they. I don't know where you work, but I think this is more than a muslin and would make a cheerful Spring coat. Good job.
Markie1 said... (1/29/07 10:29 PM) Reply
you did a beautiful job--what a great muslin! you really finished it wonderfully--it's good to know the pattern is so reliable. Thank you!

Folkwear 209

by: patternadd...

Sewing Workshop Inventor Shirt Pattern

Sewing Workshop Inventor Shirt Pattern

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)