Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 60432-1004 (Ferretti Inspired Dress)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 21 people

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

RUBYCT said... (3/19/07 11:16 PM) Reply
By far one of the most professional pieces I've seen here. I'm by far no ace my self but I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed reading your description of your whole thought process and clear description and including photographs. I felt as though I was reading a novel, I was sad that ended. But when I saw again what you had created at the end of that process, well, I was just taken aback. You truly have created here not merely "knocked off" I do hope you capitolize on the spark that you have. Don't let the embers lose their glow, fan them until they brighten.
Marji said... (3/1/07 4:32 AM) Reply
I've loved reading about your design process. Had to laugh out loud about the print knit in a wrap dress part - I applaud you for liberating the print from the wrap! It's a great dress and wonderful knock-off.
AnneM said... (2/27/07 10:13 AM) Reply
Great take on the designer original. I like your's better. It is more wearable. And I agree that the contrast takes advantage of the design more than the solid dark.
Leora said... (2/27/07 9:23 AM) Reply
Great job and the fit is perfect. Looks great on you! Well done.
astrogal said... (2/21/07 7:53 AM) Reply
Wow - well done. Looks fantastic. I'm really impressed the effort and the results. I found your slideshow inspirational.
Sew4Fun said... (2/20/07 6:41 AM) Reply
Wow, amazing job! I love your final dress, far more than the original, which looks dull and boring in comparison.
SarahWeb said... (2/19/07 9:31 AM) Reply
Amazing job. I aspire to your skills and patience in creating something of your own.
Marhamner said... (2/18/07 6:48 PM) Reply
This dress is really nice. I am jealous of your knock-off talent.
Heatherrique said... (2/18/07 3:04 PM) Reply
NiceGirl, you did it again! I adore your twist and interpretation of what's current! It is about time to create your own line of clothes and make a name for yourself! Also you definitely are beautiful that you can model almost anything! Your dress is creative genius! Thanks for being a wonderful inspiration for all of us! ~ Louella
Ody said... (2/18/07 1:28 PM) Reply
Well, you have done it again---taken a unused fabric from your stash and turned it into something fabulous!!! Great review and wonderful job on the dress, which you could replace that runway model with.
cindy-lou said... (2/18/07 1:26 PM) Reply
So, for real, have you considered Project Runway? I like yours way better than the Ferrari.
suzanrossi said... (2/18/07 10:20 AM) Reply
Wow - a very interesting narrative in the world of a definitly on the rise designer. Thank you!
Jane S said... (2/18/07 7:49 AM) Reply
Wow, wonderful dress and delightful review to read. Thanks!
Danvillegirl said... (2/18/07 7:37 AM) Reply
Great job!
Stitchology said... (2/18/07 6:37 AM) Reply
Awesome drafting job and you've almost nailed the model's sulky mean facial expression.
PixieCat said... (2/18/07 5:49 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress!
Maychi said... (2/18/07 4:36 AM) Reply
Great job! You've made a beautiful dress!
Nancywin said... (2/18/07 1:05 AM) Reply
I admire your determination and perserverance. It looks like you "nailed" the binding pieces. The contrast looks nice.
LauraTS said... (2/17/07 11:10 PM) Reply
Looks great! Thanks for sharing the process and all the photos with us.
Em's Summer said... (2/17/07 10:00 PM) Reply
I love Grecian style dresses and your dress is gorgeous! You did a great job drafting the pattern Thanks for this great review!
Leslie in Austin said... (2/17/07 8:09 PM) Reply
Dang girl. Bravo.
Linda G said... (2/17/07 6:34 PM) Reply
Great job and wonderful dress. I really like everthing about it.
Tiner W said... (2/17/07 5:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
CSM--Carla said... (2/17/07 5:43 PM) Reply
Another beautiful dress, nicegirl!! Thanks for the interesting review!
hongkongshopper said... (2/17/07 5:19 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. I loved reading about your process. I really like the wearable muslin as well - nice colours.
Lynngray said... (2/17/07 4:44 PM) Reply
WOW, what a great job. Looks great on you also
Vivienne said... (2/17/07 4:33 PM) Reply
It's GORGEOUS - the muslin and the final versions. The dress so feminine and suits you perfectly.