Pattern Reviews> TimberLane Press> #404 (Men's Boxers)

Reviewed by:Peggy L

Last Updated:2/23/07 0:42 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Leora said... (2/23/07 1:06 AM) Reply
These look pretty cool. I don't think I've heard of this pattern company before. Thanks for the review!
Mimicj said... (2/20/07 1:06 PM) Reply
Peggy, Thanks for the reply. I will make the first ones in 100% cotton and then as the weather gets warmer here in Vegas, I will bring out the power dry. I am anxious to sew these up with this fabric though. You know how grumpy men can get when they are uncomfortable because of the heat. He is already wearing shorts to work at Lowes so it won't be long before he needs the power dry ones.
Peggy L said... (2/20/07 12:16 PM) Reply
Seam allowances were included and the instructions are given for the flat fell seams. Go step by step and you'll be okay. Let us know how they work in the powerdry. I have some of that in the stash! This is the men's pattern so it may be the one you have.
Mimicj said... (2/20/07 11:42 AM) Reply
Peggy, Did you have to add seam allowances to this after you traced the pattern or were they included? I bought the #401 for men but haven't started yet. Your boxer's look great so hopefully I will be able to surprise my DH with these soon. I have some silk weight power dry from Ressy that I am going to use for him.
Peggy L said... (2/20/07 11:33 AM) Reply
Yes! They have a "center back panel".
Stephanie C. said... (2/20/07 10:38 AM) Reply
Good to read this review. Are they really baggy in the rear?
Ody said... (2/20/07 8:48 AM) Reply
Great boxers Peggy, and I love the bright fabric!
JenSews2 said... (2/20/07 1:23 AM) Reply