Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> AD (Funky Cuffed Culottes)

Reviewed by:ryankckids

About ryankckidsstar
Member since: 1/3/06
Posted on:2/18/07 11:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people

AnneM said... (4/6/07 11:43 AM) Reply
The end product is very nice, and looks much nicer on your than their stick-figure IMO. But it sounds like another pattern might be easier to have started with! You know, this might work for me - I have thick front legs and skinnier back legs.
Marji said... (2/19/07 7:30 PM) Reply
Sorry they didn't work out, but aren't you glad you know now? I tell my dh and kids re cooking, if you don't get a flop now and then, then it means you aren't expanding your horizons at all. Hopefully your next effort yields really great benefits.
runnerchicki said... (2/19/07 2:56 PM) Reply
I think your pants look great!
Soliel said... (2/19/07 12:30 PM) Reply
You are so right, the illustration makes it look more wide legged. Errrrr....don't like that! That's why I like pictures of real people in the clothes to see how they fit. You did good, though and I am sure learned a lot. Maybe you could widen the legs? That wouldn't be too hard, no?
Nancywin said... (2/19/07 10:22 AM) Reply
Well, from the pictures, these look great on you. I am working on a hot patterns jacket right now and it's giving me fits. I've posted on the help board, but no replies yet. I'm not sure its worth all the extra effort. I've purchased 2 HP pants patterns and now I don't know that I'll even open them. Yours look great though
cindy-lou said... (2/19/07 8:25 AM) Reply
Ya know, these pants ARE great as you made them! But I bet this pattern was based on its fit on a waif-like 'slinky girl' who hasn't eaten in 3 days-- thus the back-waist length. Like you, I have muscular thighs and calves and really dislike when clothes fit like my legs are somehow abnormal. I'd ditch this pattern too-- life's too short. BTW: if you can make these pants, with all the alteration you had to do, then you're NOBODY'S advanced beginner-- give yourself a raise! :)
Angie said... (2/19/07 8:11 AM) Reply
I understand that you were wanting a "swingier" cuff, but the current width with the current length are very flattering on you -- especially with those pumps! I think a wider cuff might take away visual leg length.
JuliaS said... (2/19/07 7:52 AM) Reply
I've spent a good bit of my sewing time in past months on various HP pants and I had similar issues. That back crotch length is SO SHORT! :) I too thought the crotch curve was good, that the straight waistband doesn't work for me, and that I needed quite a bit of tinkering. I've now moved on and am working with a Burda pants pattern, and I have to say that it is a bit more foolproof.
Leora said... (2/19/07 0:28 AM) Reply
Sorry to hear you aren't thrilled with the pattern but you ended up with a nice looking pair of pants from what I can tell :)

Lolita Patterns Spearmint Paper Pattern