Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8193 (Chefs' Hats for Sleeves)

Reviewed by:andread

About andreadstarstar
AZ USA
Member since: 1/30/06
Posted on:2/23/07 0:25 AM
Last Updated:2/23/07 0:25 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
AnneM said... (3/8/07 5:45 AM) Reply
Love your description of the pattern. I think it's cute in that fabric. I would be getting those sleeves caught in everything, though!
cathy45 said... (2/27/07 9:50 AM) Reply

cathy45 said... (2/27/07 9:50 AM) Reply
I was really intruigued by this top in the pattern books, but was afraid the sleeves would be overwhelming. Your top looks great!
Sharon M said... (2/24/07 7:47 PM) Reply
I love this shirt in the print you choose. I too have this pattern and just haven't found the right fabric to make it out of...
OP Gal said... (2/24/07 10:37 AM) Reply
I think the blouse looks fine with the bright fabric. Good job.
dmoonangel said... (2/23/07 11:30 PM) Reply
I love your reviews, they are very entertaining. The shirt looks like it came out great!
CarolynGM said... (2/23/07 9:24 PM) Reply
I think I made something with similar sleeves back in the eighties. Love it in the print.
Stacy Sews said... (2/23/07 5:33 PM) Reply
I really like the neckline on this pattern - and you're right about the chef hat sleeves! Thanks for the fun review!
Skymom said... (2/23/07 3:01 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and haven't been able to decide what fabric to use. I LOVE the bright floral version--it's so much fun. I chose the pattern originally because I once saw a fashion director from one of the big magazines wearing a white matelasse jacket that looked a lot like this, and it was really cute. I think silk organza would be pretty cool, too.
Markie1 said... (2/23/07 2:20 PM) Reply
ARe you kidding? It's adorable on you! Don't doubt your choice of fabrics, I was trying to imagine you in the white cotton version, and I just couldn't. Keep on with your cool fabric choices!!!
Cheryl Reeves said... (2/23/07 2:04 PM) Reply
Cute blouse.
Mary Stiefer said... (2/23/07 10:43 AM) Reply
Another cute top - you have been sewing like crazy and must have an entire new wardrobe.
Nancywin said... (2/23/07 10:23 AM) Reply
I actually think the fabric makes it look young and cute - very RTW. I would have never picked this pattern because it looks too funky on the envelope . You obviously have better vision than I do. Nice job
Hilary said... (2/23/07 8:35 AM) Reply
Your shirt turned out cute!! It looks better than the pattern cover :o) Great review, too!
fuzzygalore said... (2/23/07 6:05 AM) Reply
Hmmm. You're right about the chef hat thing. And you make it look a lot better than on the pattern picture. Must be your great fabric choice :-). That was a fairly crisp cotton wasn't it? It'd have to be crips to get the chef thing going, you'd have a fallen souffle if you went drapy :-).
Leora said... (2/23/07 0:52 AM) Reply
If you watch 24, this is the same neckline as Marilyn's silky shiny blue blouse, and you are right it looks good. The sleeves... they are so interesting looking that I almost want to make one just for something different. Thanks for your entertaining review!
appleC said... (2/23/07 0:42 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this; I was just wondering which pattern you use. I really like your neckline and sleeve construction, and it seems to fit you perfectly. Beautiful work!

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns
Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns

by: Jessica De...

by: aunrea

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

You Sew Girl Best Dress Pattern