Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2851 (Adri Jacket)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:3/3/07 10:45 PM
Last Updated:3/20/07 2:42 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
Audrey Middleton said... (3/1/09 12:41 PM) Reply
I like your version better than the original Congratulations!
nancy2001 said... (10/8/08 8:40 AM) Reply
Absolutely stunning.
SarahWeb said... (3/24/07 9:44 AM) Reply
Gorgeous outfit. I'll bet you are the best dressed person you know. You must get compliments on your outfits all the time!
LiZ said... (3/21/07 4:10 PM) Reply
Fabulous Jacket, , thanks for your helpful review.
Vonnevo said... (3/20/07 7:19 PM) Reply
Fabulous ! Your jacket outshines the Vogue photo :))))
AnneM said... (3/6/07 6:14 PM) Reply
Nice jacket (& outfit). I like your version.
Harriet Rogers said... (3/5/07 10:45 AM) Reply
Beautiful jackets: color choice and style are very special. Love what you did with the sleeves.
Annette1 said... (3/5/07 0:05 AM) Reply
I noticed that, too, that the number is the same as a previous jeans pattern. :o( I'm not sure what to do about it, though. :o)
Tall Mary said... (3/4/07 9:35 PM) Reply
Annette, I, too, think your outfit is much more beautiful than those strange colored fabrics on the pattern envelope which had put me off from buying this Adri pattern. I do not know if you know that your pattern is the same no. as the Calvin Klein jeans patterns of a few years ago. In other words, your review is linked to the jeans review.
OP Gal said... (3/4/07 6:34 PM) Reply
Wow! Your jackets are beautiful. I especially like the hot pink lining on the orange one.
TracyB said... (3/4/07 6:33 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and am encouraged to try it out now because of this review
madhatter said... (3/4/07 2:08 PM) Reply
awesome! a wonderful jacket, and the fabric is a dream!
j222b said... (3/4/07 10:30 AM) Reply
I love the jackets. The whole photo setting is SO artistic, too--the Vogue poster, lace curtains, totes....yum-yum..better than chocolate!
carolynw said... (3/4/07 9:57 AM) Reply
These are beautiful jackets and wouldn't you know they are all in my colors - thanks for bringing this pattern to my attention - I love Adri but for some reason have not got this one so it's off to the store I go as I must - I must - get it before its OOP.
Em's Summer said... (3/4/07 8:24 AM) Reply
Very cute!
Linda E. said... (3/4/07 8:16 AM) Reply
beautiful jackets I love them.. I have this pattern in my stash after reading and seeing you jackets I want to go make up one but.. I have other sewing to get done today.. thanks for the great reviews
Danvillegirl said... (3/4/07 7:56 AM) Reply
You are sewing up a storm! Great jackets again. Both are lovely.
zinnia said... (3/4/07 7:44 AM) Reply
Your jackets are beautiful, and all of your reviews are excellent, Thank You!
Fran G said... (3/4/07 7:40 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket..very helpful photos! I find your additional hints on what you fused, what style changes you made, etc. very helpful. Did you find the sizing true to what you are used to with Vogue?Did you have many alterations to make?Thanks also for explaining how you self lined. Every decision you made was right on!
blue mooney said... (3/4/07 7:28 AM) Reply
Beautiful jackets! I love the way you styled the collar.
cindy-lou said... (3/4/07 7:23 AM) Reply
I was just looking at this pattern yesterday, thinking "should I or shouldn't I"? Then I was completely caught off guard by how beautiful yours looks. Who needs Ann Taylor or Chico's when you can do *that*?! Just beautiful and worth all the tweaking and effort (something Chico and Ann don't do). BTW, I don't answer all the comments either but also love the sweet support from the incredibly skilled sewists out there.
Helen near Sydney said... (3/4/07 4:42 AM) Reply
The first thing I noticed on your jacket was the flare on the sleeves ... your addition! Well done on two great jackets, I'll be adding this one to my Wishlist thankyou very much.
ChrisK said... (3/4/07 4:37 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review and all the helpful hints about lining. Your jacket is beautiful.
Annette1 said... (3/4/07 3:39 AM) Reply

Annette1 said... (3/4/07 3:23 AM) Reply
Thanks a million for the tip about backing the pattern tissues with fusible interfacing, Marji. I would have never thought of that, and I HATE tracing off patterns!
nimble said... (3/4/07 3:04 AM) Reply
You should send your pics into the company - they'd sell A LOT more of this pattern!!! Just gorgeous jackets and I love the outfit in the main picture.
Marji said... (3/4/07 2:56 AM) Reply
This is a pattern I've never looked twice at, but I love what you've done with it, and will probably now go buy the pattern. BTW, to preserve your pattern tissue you can iron it to that really inexpensive non-woven fusible interfacing, instead of tracing it off.
Elona said... (3/4/07 1:50 AM) Reply
Adorable! I love the way you handled the hemline/dart situation. It does give the line just that bit of extra zip.
mClones said... (3/4/07 0:29 AM) Reply
Fabulous!
kathi s said... (3/3/07 11:54 PM) Reply
Great jackets! I especially like the orange and pink one- kind of couture meets Maharani looking. It would fit right into 1967! Keep on sewing!
sewbehind said... (3/3/07 11:11 PM) Reply
Annette, all of your jackets are beautiful. I've been enjoying your reviews.
Gold said... (3/3/07 10:55 PM) Reply
Oh my it beautiful!
Mary Stiefer said... (3/3/07 10:54 PM) Reply
What beautiful jackets. Your color choices are outstanding. Beautiful
cmarie12 said... (3/3/07 10:53 PM) Reply
Wow! What great jackets! I probably have that pattern in my pattern collection since I like Adri patterns and now I will have to go and look for it! Thanks for sharing your wonderful jackets!

Understanding Knit Fabrics