Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4922 (Valentino Knock-Off)

Reviewed by:PhyllisC

About PhyllisCstarstarstarstar
MA USA
Member since: 8/2/02
Posted on:3/17/07 10:03 AM
Last Updated:3/18/07 1:41 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 32 people
Karen6790 said... (5/16/08 4:58 PM) Reply
A great pattern never goes out of style. I photographed a fabulous princess-seamed shirt whilel in Paris last week and was looking for a pattern to use to reproduce it. Between your review and Erica's, I'm convinced. Thanks for all the detailed information and the warning about the shoulder. Can't wait to get started!
dvazz said... (3/20/07 2:21 PM) Reply
WOW!
Annette1 said... (3/20/07 3:45 AM) Reply
What a beautiful blouse, much better than anything you could buy. :o)
logan said... (3/19/07 2:51 PM) Reply
Agrre with everyone else. The kind of blouse you see on someone else and envy because you don't have one like it. Well now we can and thanks for showing your beautiful work to us. Will have to give it a try, if the pattern is available, thanks.
Ciclista said... (3/19/07 10:12 AM) Reply
What a fantastic use of eyelet - there is so much of it being shown this season. Like the others I hope you don't mind that I will be liberally using your ideas for a shirt of "my own". Thanks so much for a great idea and review!
Danvillegirl said... (3/19/07 5:21 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse!
blue mooney said... (3/18/07 8:30 PM) Reply
Mmm-mmm-mmm. A really nice way to use eyelet without going all femme.
Karen8320 said... (3/18/07 7:41 PM) Reply
Phyllis, this is just gorgeous! Such a beautiful piece of work. I'm very impressed by your wonderful sewing skills!
Erica B. said... (3/18/07 7:17 PM) Reply
That blouse is just beautiful. I think I may have to "knockoff" yours!
Map said... (3/18/07 7:17 PM) Reply
I love this and actually have this pattern in my stash I love your blouse. It's beautiful
AnneM said... (3/18/07 5:02 PM) Reply
Neat, neat top. Very expensive looking: People will think you went shopping on Newbury Street.
PattyU said... (3/18/07 4:10 PM) Reply
I love your shirt. Yours looks so much better than the one mcCall's did for the pattern envelope.
cecelia said... (3/18/07 2:37 PM) Reply
What a beautiful shirt--I really like the idea of the eyelet and the lace on the placket. It also looks to me like the model's shirt is a tiny bit big in the shoulders? Great knock-off!
Georgene said... (3/18/07 2:07 PM) Reply
Easy to fix that shoulder problem with a tiny pattern revision. Great pattern, great blouse! Thanks for all the details.
OP Gal said... (3/18/07 1:01 PM) Reply
Oooo, what a beautiful blouse. Very clever combination of fabrics, and it does look like the Valentino.
carolynw said... (3/18/07 10:06 AM) Reply
Oh my - what awonderful job you did - I think I must get thispattern and hope it turns out as beautiful as yours. Terrific knock off!!
pamici said... (3/18/07 9:54 AM) Reply
Gorgeous!
Tiner W said... (3/18/07 8:34 AM) Reply
I can't stop looking at this--it's so beautiful and perfectly sewn. I actually have some of that eyelet and have put that pattern on my wishlist. Thanks for the inspiration!
Tany said... (3/18/07 7:05 AM) Reply
Impeccable sewing! I love your version of this shirt!
ryan's mom said... (3/18/07 7:04 AM) Reply
This is great! Your top is beautiful and I have this pattern!! Great review, and I can't wait to get this pattern ready to go.
Petticoat said... (3/18/07 3:31 AM) Reply
Very pretty
PVA said... (3/18/07 1:35 AM) Reply
It's all been said, but I feel the need to add my $.02! Thanks for a very inspiring review -- your Valentino is absolutely the best! Such a beautiful shirt & so beautifully sewn! I must say, I think you've done an excellent job of melding your blog with this review. I went to the blog & concluded the review is complete & very informative on its own merits & the blog is a great adjunct, very nicely done! Dare I try the pattern? Hmmmmmmm
Nancywin said... (3/18/07 1:32 AM) Reply
Excellent - nice version of the Valentino
MissCelie said... (3/17/07 11:43 PM) Reply
I love your use of eyelet! What a cool way to add a trendy feature.
Seamingly Simple said... (3/17/07 10:09 PM) Reply
Ooh, I want this shirt for the Calgary Stampede! There's just the right amount of eyelet, and it would be wonderful with denim and a cowboy hat!
LindaB said... (3/17/07 10:03 PM) Reply
Really nice job. I like your version a little better than the Valentino, although that is quite nice too. Beautiful work, lovely details. You Rock!
Lori V said... (3/17/07 8:41 PM) Reply
Beautiful.
Judy Wentz said... (3/17/07 4:05 PM) Reply
I have been wanting to make a shirt similar to this...in fact now I may use this pattern. You did a beautiful job.
Jennifer shaw said... (3/17/07 1:19 PM) Reply
Oh my!! This is so beautiful and just what I needed to see for inspiration. Thank you so much for such a wonderful review.
Janice C. said... (3/17/07 12:13 PM) Reply
What a fabulous shirt - I'd love to see what you will wear with it - and as already said, you modelling it !
Maychi said... (3/17/07 12:07 PM) Reply
Wonderful job! The shirt is stunning!
Kristen said... (3/17/07 11:34 AM) Reply
I like it far better than the Valentino! Great job!
CarolynGM said... (3/17/07 11:31 AM) Reply
Lovely shirt. Yes, please model it!
Heatherrique said... (3/17/07 11:17 AM) Reply
Phyllis, you did a spectacular job! Aren' t you supposed to model this???
MarthaMcKeon said... (3/17/07 11:13 AM) Reply
Stunning!
GorgeousFabrics said... (3/17/07 11:12 AM) Reply
Muy fabuloso! You took a pretty shirt pattern and turned it into a stunner!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (3/17/07 10:57 AM) Reply
Wow! What beautiful sewing!
sewbehind said... (3/17/07 10:27 AM) Reply
That is very pretty. Great knock off!
cindy-lou said... (3/17/07 10:24 AM) Reply
Oh my word, what a beautiful couture-looking blouse! Really beautiful and creative. I love it and hope you don't mind if I steal ideas from it.

JSM-Pant 1