Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 282-1006 (2 Seam Twist)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02

Posted on:3/5/07 1:25 PM
Last Updated:3/5/07 1:27 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Membear said... (6/4/07 11:45 PM) Reply
I love your top and thank you for sharing your method with us I would love to have the pattern . Are you selling it??
ryan's mom said... (3/10/07 8:36 AM) Reply
Beautiful top! Love your detailed review!!!
SewTwin said... (3/7/07 2:38 AM) Reply
Debbie, I luuuved the striped top.You should be teaching.You don't leave out a detail, and the pics are sooo helpful..Great perseverance.
cecelia said... (3/6/07 8:20 AM) Reply
You give me hope--it can take a few tries and muslins before one gets it right. I like all 3 tops, but green is definitely a good color for you.
Elaray said... (3/6/07 7:44 AM) Reply
WOW! Great job. Thanks for taking us through the whole process with you. The top looks wonderful on you.
fuzzygalore said... (3/6/07 2:03 AM) Reply
This is great. You're such a whizz with the patternmaking software :-). I kind of liked those dark stripes on you, but I have to agree about the back stripe effect :-). Ah well, it's a good thing you're perseverant, that's why you get such great results in the end. Oh, and if you like your twists higher up, give a try to Vogue 2814, where the twist is frankly above the bust...
LorelleD said... (3/6/07 1:09 AM) Reply
You are very talented. I enjoyed reading this review. Thankyou.
Schnauzer said... (3/5/07 8:10 PM) Reply
Debbie you're amazing! Always such wonderful reviews and well sewn garments-this top is lovely!
suzanrossi said... (3/5/07 7:37 PM) Reply
Loved this review! You're a stitch. Not to mention, so talented.
BjP said... (3/5/07 7:08 PM) Reply
I loved the knitted design on Linda's blog and here it is in fabric! I can attest to the fact that you created a beautiful design since I am that person who received the first two garments. I fell in love with the striped version (even tho it was kinda meh for you!) and with good cause - it's even more beautiful up close and personal! And don't let her fool you, folks......the inside looks great, too!
Linda F said... (3/5/07 7:01 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh, Debbie, you did it! It is stunning. I love it. Now I have figure out which pattern I can use to morph into something like this. It looks great on you. Tomorrow morning, I am taking a long coffee break and rereading all the steps on your blog. Congratulations!!
Marji said... (3/5/07 6:05 PM) Reply
I've loved watching this develop. Final product is fab. Hoping you are able to make a few more of these now that you have so much into the development of the pattern.
Sherril Miller said... (3/5/07 5:45 PM) Reply
I like this one best. That color blocking is slimming in the hip area. Great idea, but how did you get the flower placement so perfectly over your belly button? Just kidding, it only looks like that on the dress form, not even noticeable on you wearing it.
Sew4Fun said... (3/5/07 5:41 PM) Reply
Nice top but you are a bad girl for posting a link to your fabric. :) I don't need more fabric, I don't!
hongkongshopper said... (3/5/07 4:14 PM) Reply
Debbie, you sure have perseverance. Well worth it. This top is really cute.
sewsue said... (3/5/07 4:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for sharing this project, I love your tops. The extra photos really helped to explain the processes, thanks for that.
AdrienneM said... (3/5/07 3:40 PM) Reply
What a great top! All 4 (3.9?) of them!
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (3/5/07 3:07 PM) Reply
WooHoo! Great top and great work!
JenSews2 said... (3/5/07 2:56 PM) Reply
Great job! Thanks for all the details and even the 'oops' ones. It helps the follow the process for me!
PVA said... (3/5/07 2:38 PM) Reply
Another great review for another great top! I love the colors on you & of course the fit looks just perfect. I thank you for all the time & effort sharing all that experience with us. I for one wouldn't really "get it" without both the photos & the directions.
OP Gal said... (3/5/07 2:37 PM) Reply
Wow! What an amazing undertaking. It turned out beautifully, Debbie.
Donna H said... (3/5/07 2:04 PM) Reply
ANOTHER great top. It's so much fun to follow your blog and *watch* you create clothing. Thanks for inspiring.
Linda G said... (3/5/07 1:42 PM) Reply
Very beautiful...you are so talented. I really enjoy your reviews

Kwik Sew 3399

by: Trinity.

by: jennybaxt

Christine Jonson Straight Shirt

Christine Jonson Straight Shirt

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)