Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 11-2006-106A (Mock wrapover cocktail dress)

Reviewed by:ConnieBJ

About ConnieBJstarstar
ON Canada
Member since: 12/31/03
Posted on:3/14/07 9:47 AM
Last Updated:3/14/07 9:52 AM

Hilary said... (1/7/08 2:54 PM) Reply
well, this a wee bit late, but I just had to say what a GORGEOUS dress you've made-that fabric is incredible and perfect for this (I know about the awful sequin thing-only ever sewed on them ONCE, lol). Great review!
yummymummy38 said... (3/18/07 9:47 PM) Reply
gorgeous fabric, gorgeous dress, lucky daughter to have you make her this! I've just traced this off last week, thanks for the inspiration and review.
MissCelie said... (3/17/07 11:48 PM) Reply
Why oh why did I give up my WOF subscription? The dresses are just wonderful!
Stacy Sews said... (3/16/07 8:50 AM) Reply
I love this dress! It's so beautiful! Thanks for pointing it out - I will now move this to my 'must sew' list.
Erica B. said... (3/15/07 1:59 PM) Reply
That dress is beautiful!
krystalkaes said... (3/15/07 10:39 AM) Reply
Thank you. This pattern is sitting on the back burning so to speak until I have a moment. Your version is very nice. I love the choices you made.
cindy-lou said... (3/15/07 10:01 AM) Reply
A beautiful gown with a beautiful model for it! How great a feeling that must be for you. Congrats!
Monica G said... (3/15/07 7:32 AM) Reply
The dress is beautiful. I am glad that your DD enjoyed is SO much after the effort you obviously put into the dress.
Petticoat said... (3/15/07 5:07 AM) Reply
Really beautiful. Compliments !
Annette1 said... (3/15/07 1:41 AM) Reply
Wow! What a beautiful dress you made, with exquisite fabric, and your daughter is lovely in it!
Karen6790 said... (3/15/07 0:41 AM) Reply
I'm not sure what's more impressive, this dress, the fact that you made it with all that chaos going on, or the fact that there are more to come! You are a madwoman, and I mean that as a compliment. I remember that fabric from PR weekend - it's perfect for this dress. Your daughter looked lovely.
Frogstitcher said... (3/14/07 11:01 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! I admired this pattern in the November issue and after seeing the dress that you've made, I'm hooked - I'll have to make one up too. I love the fabric. Your dd loves fabulous. Well done.
Marji said... (3/14/07 10:34 PM) Reply
Great dress! When I read all that you have on your plate I wonder, why do we put ourselves under this kind of pressure? Obviously, you perform well under pressure - fabulous results.
CarolynGM said... (3/14/07 8:12 PM) Reply
Triple wow and wow again! The action shot shows off the dress and your daughter's pleasure in wearing it better than a posed photo ever could!
Mary Stiefer said... (3/14/07 7:45 PM) Reply
Great job and I love your pictures.
blue mooney said... (3/14/07 7:21 PM) Reply
The way your DD loves this dress says it all!
Tany said... (3/14/07 7:01 PM) Reply
Just gorgeous! I love this pattern and you did a wonderful job! Thank you for this review!
Sew4Fun said... (3/14/07 6:52 PM) Reply
Great dress! I can understand about removing all those sequins.
purpleseamstress said... (3/14/07 6:25 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress and daughter! I love the Burda magazine and love pattern reviews of the patterns inside. They always look so complicated and your dress turned out fabulous.
Zaneta said... (3/14/07 4:53 PM) Reply
I love it!!! :)
Lynngray said... (3/14/07 4:17 PM) Reply
Wow, Very pretty daughter and dress
Leslie in Austin said... (3/14/07 2:05 PM) Reply
Ooo Oooo Ooo! That's beautiful! The fabric is divine. Where do I place my order?
squirrellypoo said... (3/14/07 1:41 PM) Reply
that looks fantastic! I've been eyeing up that dress for ages now but never got around to making it (or seeing it actually made up). It looks even better than Burda's! Oh, and FYI, you can buy this pattern off burdamode.com for 2.99 in their Downloads section, too!
Linda G said... (3/14/07 1:20 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful and wonderful construction.
Nancy K said... (3/14/07 12:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful! YOur daughter looks fab in this dress and I am impressed with your dressmaking skills!
krinn said... (3/14/07 11:36 AM) Reply
wow, I absolutely LOVE that dress. Great job!
Riordan said... (3/14/07 11:05 AM) Reply
The dress is exquisite!! (Your daughter is lovely, too.) Thanks for the details about your design changes.

by: RainyDayPe...