Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 9850 (Empire Waisted Blouse)

Reviewed by:mahalosu

About mahalosustar
Member since: 9/8/03
Posted on:3/27/07 4:05 PM
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (4/23/07 6:05 PM) Reply
Wow, this looks fantastic! Congratulations on creating a beautiful piece.
AnneM said... (4/7/07 9:24 AM) Reply
Neat looking top, very feminine style. Put it in your closet for a bit and the mistakes will fade away. Generally speaking, people usually find it easier to order the size to fit the shoulders, and then do a FBA.
mahalosu said... (3/28/07 1:51 PM) Reply
Sherril, I don't understand the question. Do you mean the pattern? Marfy is sold thru the Vogue website. That is where I ordered the pattern.
Sherril Miller said... (3/28/07 11:18 AM) Reply
Very cute, I love this top. How do you go about ordering it?
GorgeousFabrics said... (3/28/07 9:24 AM) Reply
What a pretty top!
slanden99 said... (3/28/07 9:22 AM) Reply
Fabulous top!
Karine said... (3/28/07 8:19 AM) Reply
I think it looks great - I suspect you are way to hard on yourself!
hongkongshopper said... (3/28/07 0:23 AM) Reply
It looks pretty good to me! Lovely fabric.
lmg said... (3/27/07 10:15 PM) Reply
I can't get a bigger picture of the blouse. But what I see looks great! Especially the contrast. Marfy is always an adventure, but worth it. Try it again now that you have the fitting issues figured out.
Karen8320 said... (3/27/07 8:41 PM) Reply
Mahalosu, this has turned out beautifully. We are always far more critical of our own work than anyone else ever is. You've chosen gorgeous fabric and a unique design. No one else will be wearing a garment quite like this and I have no doubt you will receive many compliments. To me, it looks lovely!
LauraTS said... (3/27/07 8:17 PM) Reply
Looks great, and the fabric is beautiful. Since you had so much trouble taking in the shoulders, you might have better luck next time going down a size and then doing an FBA to accomodate your bust.
Tiner W said... (3/27/07 7:57 PM) Reply
That's sooooo pretty!
cindy-lou said... (3/27/07 7:56 PM) Reply
Oooooh, pretty! I'm impressed with anyone that can make a Marfy pattern. And remember, 'minimal flaws and irregularities are part of the inherent charm and character of this garment' (at least that's what the RTW people say...)!
Sew4Fun said... (3/27/07 7:46 PM) Reply
Nice top. I can see why you love the fabric so much.
Lori V said... (3/27/07 6:30 PM) Reply
I sure don't see any mistakes, I see a beautiful garment. I love the look and the fabric, have fun wearing it.
mochalover said... (3/27/07 6:29 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top. I don't see any mistakes, I am sure you are the only one that can see them. Enjoy your top!
Linda G said... (3/27/07 5:31 PM) Reply
I think it looks wonderful!
carolynw said... (3/27/07 5:16 PM) Reply
Great lookign blouse - mistakes??? Only the maker knows and I would not spot one even if I was standing next to you and going over you with " X Ray vision" so wear it and be proud - it looks terrific and I love the fabric.

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2012-117