Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8085 (Pants)

Reviewed by:ryankckids

About ryankckidsstar
Member since: 1/3/06
Posted on:3/29/07 8:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
mdhomemaker said... (8/12/07 11:59 AM) Reply
very impresive, thanks so much!
Dale C said... (3/31/07 0:38 AM) Reply
Nice jeans! I just read the thread with all the info. That'll help.
ryankckids said... (3/30/07 10:54 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone! And...Liz and Nancy, another big **thank you** for all your help. I appreciate it so much :) And...I did let out the side seams 1/8-inch (but am too lazy to post pix). They're better. I'm less self-conscious.
Puddin Pop said... (3/30/07 10:13 PM) Reply
Fabulous jeans. I would have been tickled if I had made the first pair, but this pair is awesome!
Hilary said... (3/30/07 3:11 PM) Reply
You did a fantastic job on these-the fit through the back legs was improved considerably on your second pair! But actually I like the first ones too. Very very nice!
Sewliz said... (3/30/07 9:14 AM) Reply
You are runway ready! Those are great!
SarahWeb said... (3/30/07 9:13 AM) Reply
Think I may have to get this pattern. I see what you mean about the quantity of stretch affecting the fit, but both pair of jeans look really good, for different types of looks. You did a fantastic job on the details, and I espectially like the pocket embroideries. Thanks for the source suggestions for rivets, etc. Great review!
JuliaS said... (3/30/07 7:56 AM) Reply
I too have been watching this process on the thread, and I am so impressed! I've already put together my own muslin of this pattern and am ready to cut into my first "real" fabric.
Jane S said... (3/30/07 7:50 AM) Reply
Wow, what a fantastic pair of jeans! Terrrific job perfecting the fit and sharing the journey.very inspiring.
Nancy K said... (3/30/07 7:49 AM) Reply
These look great! I was a commenter on the thread and they are immensely better than the first pair. Everyone will think that you bought them!
Juli_et said... (3/30/07 6:14 AM) Reply
Wow!!! It looks great!!!
MeganJ said... (3/30/07 0:37 AM) Reply
A great fitting pair of jeans is totally worth the effort! Great job, and thanks for reviewing this pattern.
Bsts said... (3/30/07 0:19 AM) Reply
Awesome review! Great photos, great detail. Now I need the pattern and some muslin.
Kathi R said... (3/29/07 11:29 PM) Reply
Fantastic result -- Jeans that fit! thanks for the review.
melgosews said... (3/29/07 11:21 PM) Reply
Nice jeans! You have inspired me to get going on a pair. Just finished BWOF dress pants and looking at jeans now! Thanks for the review! (I might be back for questions on the rivets).
MissCelie said... (3/29/07 9:59 PM) Reply
wow. those look fantastic. i enjoyed reading your fitting process on the board. your topstitching is spot on. great great jeans.
Linda G said... (3/29/07 9:55 PM) Reply
Wow, they are great. I also am glad that the non distressed look is back....
Soliel said... (3/29/07 9:52 PM) Reply
Yeah, I am impressed as well.
CarolynGM said... (3/29/07 9:19 PM) Reply
These look like you paid $200 for them!! The fit is marvelous, and your detail work is flawless. It's amazing how many sources you used for the makings of these jeans.
slanden99 said... (3/29/07 9:15 PM) Reply