Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Stretch & Sew> F830 (Misses Jacket)

Reviewed by:Bsts

About Bstsstar
NY USA
Member since: 3/2/07
Posted on:3/29/07 11:57 PM
Last Updated:3/30/07 11:25 AM
AnneM said... (4/9/07 8:00 AM) Reply
Great style. The instructions on the S&S pattern I have were pretty good, I though, so hopefully most are clearer than you found this one.
Annette1 said... (4/4/07 1:56 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket, indeed! I say make another one right now, while the pitfalls are fresh in your mind -- ha! It looks like it's definitely worth it, this one turned out so nicely. I've never made a Stretch & Sew pattern, but I have some in the stash. I agree: I hope the directions (or lack thereof) were a fluke.
hongkongshopper said... (3/30/07 6:36 PM) Reply
Nice colour combo. Looks nice and warm.
Elona said... (3/30/07 1:41 PM) Reply
Gee, it came out really cute. I love the color combination.
Penny Carlson said... (3/30/07 11:41 AM) Reply
I just made this about two weeks ago, and I really like it...just sorry I used a wintery fabric. Did not have too much trouble with the instructions. I used big hooks and eyes to close it, and I think it's a very nice jacket for the amount of work that it took (and I underlined it for extra warmth).
Nancywin said... (3/30/07 11:31 AM) Reply
Thanks for posting the pic - it looks great! Very bold of you to try - and with nice results, too.
Nancywin said... (3/30/07 11:22 AM) Reply
I love your jacket - but I can't get a picture of it other than the review gallery one. Could you post a picture in your review?
Mini said... (3/30/07 10:10 AM) Reply
The numbering is different for patterns now sold in chain stores. The original number was 1039, but the scaled down chainstore version is F830. I didn't like the collar instructions on this one,but that is the only time I ever found bad instructions on a Stretch and Sew pattern. At least it does make a cute jacket:).
LauraM62 said... (3/30/07 8:01 AM) Reply
If you look under pattern 1039 you will find others that figured out the directions on this. They agreed the directions were kind of strange. Also the pattern numbering. If you go to the S & S website this pattern is 1039 but on the envelope itself it states the F830 - guess they can't make up their mind on the pattern number either.

StyleArc Kate Dress