Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 82600-1002 (Pieced pillow with handwork)

Reviewed by:MeganJ

About MeganJstar
Member since: 12/22/06
Posted on:3/30/07 2:30 PM
Last Updated:3/30/07 2:30 PM

MelissaB in WA said... (4/1/07 8:47 PM) Reply
That is gorgeous!!!
MeganJ said... (3/31/07 2:16 PM) Reply
Thank you for the wonderful comments everybody! To do the maple leaves (there are lots at my mom's house), I downloaded a line drwaing of a maple leaf from a clip art website. I traced it onto the dissolvable stabilizer and then pinned it onto the fabric. Every time I started a new line, I started the stitch length at 0, and then beefed it up to 2, then reduced it to 0 at the end of a line. I did this to anchor the stitch without backstitching. Just when I was about to lose it, I finished. When the stabilizer was torn off, seeing the finished product was awesome!!! But... no pictures of the backside, lol! What a tangle.
OP Gal said... (3/31/07 9:06 AM) Reply
Wow! Your pillow is beautiful and the freehand stitched design is beautiful. I don't know how you did it! What a lovely present for your mom.
Diana M said... (3/30/07 8:38 PM) Reply
Stunning pillow! Wonderful work, and thanks for the great review.
Linda G said... (3/30/07 8:37 PM) Reply
They are beautiful...I may have to "copy" your idea, I love the soft colors that you made them from...when I think of wool pillow, I think wintery...but yours could be used all year around...I love them.
sewbehind said... (3/30/07 6:47 PM) Reply
That is beautiful. I am rather partial to the maple leaf, being a Canadian. I love what you have done. Your mom will love it too, I am sure.
j222b said... (3/30/07 4:33 PM) Reply
Love your work. Who is the designer (other than you).
Mary Stiefer said... (3/30/07 3:45 PM) Reply
What a great looking pillow. What beautiful handwork in those leaves. Gorgeous and I'm sure it will be loved because it is beautiful and certainly unique.

All About Linings