Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 82600-1002 (Pieced pillow with handwork)

Reviewed by:MeganJ

Last Updated:3/30/07 2:30 PM

MelissaB in WA said... (4/1/07 8:47 PM) Reply
That is gorgeous!!!
MeganJ said... (3/31/07 2:16 PM) Reply
Thank you for the wonderful comments everybody! To do the maple leaves (there are lots at my mom's house), I downloaded a line drwaing of a maple leaf from a clip art website. I traced it onto the dissolvable stabilizer and then pinned it onto the fabric. Every time I started a new line, I started the stitch length at 0, and then beefed it up to 2, then reduced it to 0 at the end of a line. I did this to anchor the stitch without backstitching. Just when I was about to lose it, I finished. When the stabilizer was torn off, seeing the finished product was awesome!!! But... no pictures of the backside, lol! What a tangle.
OP Gal said... (3/31/07 9:06 AM) Reply
Wow! Your pillow is beautiful and the freehand stitched design is beautiful. I don't know how you did it! What a lovely present for your mom.
Diana M said... (3/30/07 8:38 PM) Reply
Stunning pillow! Wonderful work, and thanks for the great review.
Linda G said... (3/30/07 8:37 PM) Reply
They are beautiful...I may have to "copy" your idea, I love the soft colors that you made them from...when I think of wool pillow, I think wintery...but yours could be used all year around...I love them.
sewbehind said... (3/30/07 6:47 PM) Reply
That is beautiful. I am rather partial to the maple leaf, being a Canadian. I love what you have done. Your mom will love it too, I am sure.
j222b said... (3/30/07 4:33 PM) Reply
Love your work. Who is the designer (other than you).
Mary Stiefer said... (3/30/07 3:45 PM) Reply
What a great looking pillow. What beautiful handwork in those leaves. Gorgeous and I'm sure it will be loved because it is beautiful and certainly unique.

Islander Sewing Systems Women's City Western Blouse Pattern