Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4076 (Misses Wrap Top)

Reviewed by:juliette2

Hall of Fame 2009
Posted on:4/1/07 2:52 AM

See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops
AnneM said... (4/12/07 6:05 AM) Reply
Great looking top. Good style on you. The neckline isn't too low, either, which is great. Thanks for the review, I plan to make this at some point. (I also didn't notice the color splotch placement, and the color seems fine on you.)
Annette1 said... (4/2/07 2:38 AM) Reply
What a great review! I especially appreicate your advice on the ease. I actually hav ethis pattern and (sooner or later), hope to make it, so I'm going to bookmark you review. I definitely think you can wear this color, AND I didn't notice the green splodge either. I think there's enough variety of design in the fabric, that it's not noticeable. Now, if you had a green splodge on the OTHER boob, that might be a different story! (That sounds like something I'd do. :o)
MareeAlison said... (4/2/07 2:06 AM) Reply
I had to take another look at the top to see the splodge so I assume this means it didn't jump out at me first time round. Even 2nd time round it's fine. So IMO enjoy wearing your new top and don't worry about it. Very nice. This is next on my list to make and I'm grateful for all the extra input you've given about sizing.
Em's Summer said... (4/1/07 9:21 PM) Reply
I love the color and think you look fine in it! Don't let the color keep you from wearing this, but the splotch is another matter. If it's going to distract you, then my vote is with those who say don't wear it, but if you can wear it and not think about the splotch, then I say wear it!
Sew4Fun said... (4/1/07 7:09 PM) Reply
Nice top. I'm glad my review helped.
frame said... (4/1/07 3:49 PM) Reply
I think your top looks very nice. Didn't notice a green splodge before you pointed it out, and can't see it even though you pointed it out. I like the fabric, it looks like a fun top and you made it fit very nicely.
Soliel said... (4/1/07 1:13 PM) Reply
I truly did not notice the green "splodge" right on your boob. I don't think it's a big deal because a) it's no different than the other colors around it and b) there is a repeating one a bit lower, so the mind thinks, "oh this is a part of the pattern, that's all". I really did not notice until you pointed it out...but it's so subdued I don't think it's an issue. Oh, the color issue...I don't know what your colors are but it seems OK to me. I think this particular color many types could wear.
Littlehuntingcreek said... (4/1/07 11:10 AM) Reply
I like the top on you, I also never even noticed the green spot. Green is a good color for you.
Donna H said... (4/1/07 10:53 AM) Reply
Your top looks great on you. I also didn't notice the green splodge until you said so. It's a little high to be on your bust point, right? I have this pattern all ready to cut out and have read all the warnings. Thankfully for Annie...(dressform) it should work fine. Thanks for your review.
susinok said... (4/1/07 9:06 AM) Reply
I didn't notice the green splodge until you pointed it out. I think it will be fine to wear in public. It looks great! I have that pattern and want to make it soon.

Other My Childhood Treasures