Pattern Reviews> Other> 408 (Draw String Dress)

Reviewed by:jeanbluecat

About jeanbluecatstar
IL USA
Member since: 10/4/05
Posted on:4/4/07 11:32 PM
Last Updated:4/5/07 7:46 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

AnneM said... (4/15/07 11:38 AM) Reply
The dress is very pretty with your fabric. It might not be the best style for you, but really it looks like a nice summer dress. I expect you will get more wear out of your new skirt, though. Thanks for reviewing the pattern & pattern company.
jeanbluecat said... (4/11/07 9:13 AM) Reply
I removed the bodice of the dress, recut the skirt into 4 gores and the extra fabric into 2 more gores and made a nice elasitc waist gored skirt that I wore on Easter! Love the skirt and trashed the rest of the dress. Happy happy.:o)
Annette1 said... (4/10/07 2:07 PM) Reply
As I know only too well, it's the pits when you've looked forward to making something and then don't like the result. But just think: You may end up with your favorite skirt out of the deal. Great idea!
Nancywin said... (4/6/07 3:33 AM) Reply
Nice job. I agree that this may not be the best look for you, (altough it would probably look worse on me) but you may be able to recycle it into something you really love. Sometimes we just have to relish the process and not the product (I seem to have had quite a few of those lately)
jeanbluecat said... (4/5/07 9:49 AM) Reply
To moss, yes the company still exists, just google the name and it will take you to where you can order the patterns. They have a lot of traditional girls and women's clothing patterns there.
Jane S said... (4/5/07 8:46 AM) Reply
I get so disappointed when a project doesn't work for my body type, too. Sometimes I go snoop shopping to revive my interest and try on designs just to see what does look good on me at this age. It also helps me do a better job of matching fabric and styles, another one of my downfalls. As a much loved sewing instructor told me, you just ahd a sewing lesson, not a wadder.
moss said... (4/5/07 8:29 AM) Reply
I think it looks good on you. Does that pattern company still exist?

Pattern Work