Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4076 (Misses Knit Tops)

Viewed 1992 times

Other Projects by ryan's mom using this Pattern

photophotophotophoto

Sweater knit fabrics

Kathi R said... (7/16/07 1:18 AM) Reply
Wow - you really worked hard to get a great fitting Tshirt....but your results are worth it....nice job and thanks for the detailed review.
Schnauzer said... (7/15/07 3:05 AM) Reply
Gorgeous top and a gorgeous figure!. You look so good in everything you have reviewed!
Sharon M said... (7/14/07 10:30 PM) Reply
This pattern produced another winner! The fabric you choose for this last one is wonderful. And I *wish* I had your figure flaws, LOL!
Vonnevo said... (7/14/07 9:10 PM) Reply
Kathy, your tops are gorgeous. I really must sew some of these for summer.
Karla Kizer said... (7/14/07 8:41 PM) Reply
Okay, so when did long legs become a flaw? You want flaw? Try an inseam that's 6" less than your waist measurement. The top is darling. Everyone has had such success with this pattern and yours is no exception.
mary in FL said... (7/14/07 8:32 PM) Reply
OK, Now I Really Have To make this one! BTW, I think you're wrong about the figure flaws - you don't really have any because they're in my mirror. I *am* fixin' to send them away ...
Sew4Fun said... (7/6/07 8:40 AM) Reply
Pretty tops!
dollieo said... (7/2/07 7:43 PM) Reply
Each one looks so different. Very nice.
Linda G said... (6/29/07 7:22 PM) Reply
this has got to be the pattern of the year...yours looks great!!!
pterion said... (6/29/07 10:17 AM) Reply
oh gosh, that is just soooo pretty!
scrappycat said... (6/29/07 7:18 AM) Reply
Very cute! I have that pattern and had never noticed that simple version.
Beve said... (6/28/07 4:49 PM) Reply
Pretty, pretty! And nicely fitted and sewn too...
Hilary said... (6/28/07 1:11 PM) Reply
All of these are so cute! I love the new version, perfect with your bag and denim capris. What pattern did you use for the capris?
cindy-lou said... (6/28/07 12:52 PM) Reply
I love your versions of this! Isn't it a great pattern? I just made 2 more also!
AnneM said... (4/20/07 8:42 PM) Reply
This is certainly a good style for you. It was worth your hour experimenting w/ the hem; it came out very nicely.
betta1 said... (4/9/07 11:31 AM) Reply
Thanks - great visuals! Gail
chrisquilts_2 said... (4/9/07 9:43 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for going thru all the alterations...how did you ever decide that series of manipulations would create the perfect fit??? All the modifications are relatively subtle (except the addition of length)...but what a difference.
SewTwin said... (4/8/07 8:55 PM) Reply
I have got to make this pattern from my stack waiting! They all turn out great! It doesn't look like you have any gaposis, either..
dvazz said... (4/8/07 7:29 PM) Reply
I love it! Glad to see that the neckline is reasonable, too. I have one in my SWAP but haven't started it yet...thanks for all the helpful info!
2BSewing said... (4/8/07 7:25 PM) Reply
Your tops are beautiful. You've done a great job with the fit. I've got this pattern on my list. Thanks for a great review and many wonderful tips.
Jane S said... (4/8/07 1:18 PM) Reply
Love this top on you and love such a helpful review and the work you did to clarify your instructions. ANd I got a giggle about the serger remarks...as I"m testing and re-testing, I sometimes wonder who said serging was quick:-)
ryan's mom said... (4/8/07 12:03 PM) Reply
Soleil, buttermilk knits can be found at www.emmaonesock.com . Beware, the website can be addictive :) .
Soliel said... (4/8/07 11:17 AM) Reply
Love it! And I love the groovy fabric you used! Where does one get "buttermilk knit". I want some!
Deb Fox said... (4/8/07 10:24 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Isn't this pattern awesome? I have made both this version and the wrap version. I did a FBA on this version, but did not on the wrap, thanks to the heads up on front width from other PR reviews. This is definitely a TNT pattern for me, and I am basing most of my knit top wardrobe on it. I think this will be a favorite pattern for 2007! I'm planning on posting my wrap version soon.
carolynw said... (4/8/07 9:08 AM) Reply
Look lovely - all of them. Thanks for the review and tips - have the pattern and am going to get to it - soon I hope!
CarolynGM said... (4/8/07 5:54 AM) Reply
All are lovely. That's an impressive array of alterations you devised to achieve what looks like excellent fit.
Heatherrique said... (4/8/07 4:16 AM) Reply
Beautiful top and impeccable fit!
Lunar_C said... (4/8/07 0:39 AM) Reply
Gorgeous. I've made this twice in plain fabric so it's great to see patterned fabric works great too. I love the rolled hem, I'm pinching that idea. : )
BeckyC said... (4/7/07 11:14 PM) Reply
All of your tops look great on you! The fit is awesome! Thanks for the thorough review and all of your great tips!
frame said... (4/7/07 11:10 PM) Reply
Looks great. Very nice review.
Tiner W said... (4/7/07 10:13 PM) Reply
That looks so great on you. I love the green one!

Understanding Knit Fabrics
Understanding Knit Fabrics

Sewing Workshop Now & Zen Shirts Pattern

Sewing Workshop Now & Zen Shirts Pattern

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)

BurdaStyle Magazine 06-2013-114