Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> HP102 (T-Shirt Dresses)

Reviewed by:narcissaqtpie

About narcissaqtpiestarstarstarstar
Member since: 1/15/05
Posted on:4/10/07 3:12 PM
Last Updated:4/11/07 10:48 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
AnneM said... (4/22/07 9:10 AM) Reply
Nice dresses. That hideous fabric makes a great dress. I like the belt that you added to the black version. You are getting a great wardrobe with all the sewing you have been doing.
narcissaqtpie said... (4/13/07 7:47 AM) Reply
Everyone - thanks for the comments!! @ MeganJ I think the fabric choice most def adds to the comfort of the dress. The poly/rayon jersey from #2 was very soft and drapey. (My apologies for the eyeball injuries on #1)
Annette1 said... (4/12/07 9:49 PM) Reply
Wow, very classy! And what's REALLY sickening is that you can wear the "deliciously hideous" one and even look good in THAT one, too! :o)
touran said... (4/12/07 7:07 PM) Reply
I love the 'real' incarnation of this dress. It looks really good on you and makes me want to make one too. Btw - thanks for searing my eyeballs with your muslin. ;-)
MeganJ said... (4/12/07 6:01 PM) Reply
I love your disclaimer! I am just lovign seeing these new patterns made up. Great job. I wonder if your comfort level is the fabric or the style... any thoughts?
crystalwoods said... (4/12/07 2:09 PM) Reply
Wow! The fabric looks great made up in that style and also looks great on you. It is a fun looking fabric and you look like you're having fun wearing it! It reminds me of the 60's! In a good way of course.
Gold said... (4/12/07 1:49 PM) Reply
I like both dresses!!good job.
cathy45 said... (4/12/07 9:54 AM) Reply
I love both your dresses. They look so awesome, especially belted (very flattering on you).
zazzie said... (4/12/07 9:03 AM) Reply
I like it, it looks very RTW (in a good way, of course) !
Levone said... (4/12/07 9:03 AM) Reply
Very cute dresses!
Jane S said... (4/12/07 6:43 AM) Reply
What fun, stylish dresses! I'm with you in being drawn to bright colors and I don't have your dramatic good looks to carry it off so beautifully.
Erica B. said... (4/12/07 0:50 AM) Reply
Very cute... love it!
sewbehind said... (4/11/07 11:14 PM) Reply
Whoa! What a difference fabric choice makes. I like your more recent version.
SimsSews said... (4/11/07 8:54 AM) Reply
When it comes to fabric color/design I'm with Warhol when he said "More is more." Love the dress!
Danvillegirl said... (4/11/07 6:31 AM) Reply
I think the wearer and the dress itself makes the fabric cute. I like the fabric myself, makes me kooky too! I didn't like the look of this pattern but seeing it made up I have a different opinion. Looks cute on you!
fuzzygalore said... (4/11/07 5:41 AM) Reply
Loud is good :-). And you've got to do whatever it takes to keep patternreview awake :-).
Christina Sonja said... (4/10/07 11:05 PM) Reply
The shape looks good! (And I am often drawn to 'loud' fabrics myself!)
CarolynGM said... (4/10/07 6:41 PM) Reply
Your dress coordinates beautifully with the bouquet of flowers on the table. Seriously, well done. Can't wait to see the next version.
Soliel said... (4/10/07 3:58 PM) Reply you know you like it and can make it again with another fabric if you choose.
Mary Stiefer said... (4/10/07 3:30 PM) Reply