Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2817 (Adri Coordinates)

Reviewed by:suzanrossi

About suzanrossistar
Member since: 11/10/06
Posted on:4/21/07 6:01 PM
Last Updated:4/21/07 6:04 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
AnneM said... (5/1/07 5:23 AM) Reply
Nice outfit. Congrats on your alterations.
fuzzygalore said... (4/23/07 5:24 AM) Reply
Some fabric is inherently more suitable for pants. If you don't like the bagginess of tencel, maybe you should stick to something else? It's not as if it's not possible to figure out ways to fight the properties of the fabric, but isn't it better to instead pick the right fabric for the job? You can still enjoy tencel in tops, and have cool summer linen pants.
Sewliz said... (4/22/07 9:02 PM) Reply
All the pieces are beautiful! I have looked at this pattern wondering how it would sew up. Thanks for a great review. I like your wood walls too, we have a house full.
xela said... (4/22/07 10:33 AM) Reply
The jacket looks way to big in the shoulders. I think it would look so much better if you adjusted the shoulders. The top, pants, and skirt look amazing. Great review
Jane S said... (4/22/07 7:41 AM) Reply
I love the color and drape of this outfit on you. And those pants look like a fantastic fit, bravo!
LorelleD said... (4/22/07 6:22 AM) Reply
Adri designs always look so confortable. Your outfit looks really nice.This style suits you.
aunt saidee said... (4/22/07 2:41 AM) Reply
Very nice work! Congrats on your empowering fitting, too. It is worth it; especially with the results you achieved! Your skirt muslin looks fab and those pants are wonderful, too. I gather the back is just as good. As to lining to prevent baggy knees, it will help and I don't think you will notice much difference in hot weather. I made cotton pants and lined w/ cotton batiste and they were fine. I have a vague memory of a tip I read somewhere (in Threads? Vogue Pattern Mag?) about what fabric to use to prevent baggy knees; maybe someone else will remember it. Is that a dropped shoulder or an extended shoulder? In any case, I think I would bring it up to your natural shoulder line for a cleaner look and no shoulder pads, or just a very soft, slim one to hold the shape at the shoulder point/top of arm. I wouldn't put shoulder pads in this one.
Annette1 said... (4/22/07 0:17 AM) Reply
Wow, I'm especially impressed by those pants. They fit just PERFECTLY. Also, I think your jacket looks fine without the shoulder pads. I think people with broad shoulders must be like people with naturally curly hair: They just don't know how lucky they are! :o) A great looking outfit, all the way around. I have a similar Adri jacket pattern that I've made several times, and I ended up just making the fronts double (well, and lining it, too), because I don't like having to mess with the bias strips, BUT yours is really nice for summer and it's a very neat finish you've achieved.
Heatherrique said... (4/21/07 6:42 PM) Reply
You look great in your gorgeous jacket!
CarolynGM said... (4/21/07 6:40 PM) Reply
Nice jacket. You could always downsize the shoulders a bit if you make it again. Thanks for the fabric tip. I love linen/tencel, but haven't been able to find it for a while.
Mufffet said... (4/21/07 6:27 PM) Reply
The style and the fabric are a lovely combination and look lovely on you.
Soliel said... (4/21/07 6:13 PM) Reply
I think you'll enjoy them, too. Congrats on your new found fitting skills.

Lutterloh MMXI, Supp. 280, No. 19