Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8229 (Misses/Misses Petite Dress)

Viewed 2061 times

Pattern Size:Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people

Sweater knit fabrics

Hilary said... (6/6/07 11:53 AM) Reply
Very nice! it looks *much* better with the darts!
madhatter said... (5/23/07 11:06 AM) Reply
CUUUUTE - and the fabric is hot-hot-hot for this dress... absolutely made for it :)
AnneM said... (5/6/07 3:08 PM) Reply
Cindy-Lou, you are adorable. That is such a cute dress, and I'm certain it looks great on you. DartGirl, to the recue!
nicegirl said... (5/1/07 1:31 PM) Reply
That looks fantastic! The darts are necessary on this one--I would have passed it by in the pattern book because of its sackiness but you definitely made it work.
AlexaNJ said... (4/30/07 8:55 PM) Reply
I absolutely adore the fabric! It's totally something I would pick! Great job! I have had my eye on this pattern for a while too...
janella said... (4/30/07 2:45 PM) Reply
ha ha.. you're so right about potato sacks and tentpoles. Made this dress from cotton..don't really know why..wasn't thinking! Yours looks great... even the contrast neckband, which looked so weird on mine, I had to change it :)
Jane S said... (4/30/07 7:57 AM) Reply
You made this chic and so special, looks fantastic.
jnamcd said... (4/29/07 11:05 PM) Reply
What a fun dress! Awesome job!
carolynw said... (4/29/07 8:22 PM) Reply
Thanks Cindy for the info on the material - I guess Fabric Mart will be wondering what happened when a dozen or so orders come in for this fabric - I really like it - pretty and summery but I was wondering if it would crush like crazy - now I know it won't so "hi ho hi ho it's off to Fabric Mart I go"!
OP Gal said... (4/29/07 5:45 PM) Reply
Very cool, indeed, DartGirl! Wonderful choice of fabric. I thought it looked familiar, so when you said it was from Fabric Mart, I knew I'd seen it and contemplated buying it. You'll feel so breezy and summery wearing this dress.
Gold said... (4/29/07 3:25 PM) Reply
Come on summer!!You did a great job.
LBJ said... (4/29/07 2:04 PM) Reply
I just gotta get this pattern. I would've never given it a second look and now there are 2 great reviews of it. I love love love your dress!
MissCelie said... (4/29/07 11:44 AM) Reply
This fabric is at my local fabric store and I've been eyeing it for a month now. It looks delicious made up. I feel my wallet crying....
Em's Summer said... (4/29/07 11:18 AM) Reply
That's a happy and fun dress! It looks soo cute! I just made a dress with a neckband and slight gathers, too, but luckily darts were drafted into the vintage 60s pattern. Great job and great review!
cindy-lou said... (4/29/07 11:09 AM) Reply
Thanks for the sweet comments, guys! Clin, I thought this fabric would wrinkle horribly, but I just washed adn dried the finished dress. It needed ironing, but was NOT hard to iron at all (the toughest part was the neckline). It keeps its good looks after washing, too. Eve, you crack me up! This dress is surprisingly bra-friendly-- I'll post a pic wearing it when DH gets home from his camping trip.
mad4sewing said... (4/29/07 10:49 AM) Reply
Oh my gosh...that is so 60's funky chic! I just love it!
Huldra said... (4/29/07 7:57 AM) Reply
Your version with the darts looks so much better! Good idea.
Marji said... (4/29/07 7:55 AM) Reply
Perfect for now, but yes, back to the 60's! Great addition with the darts.
Danvillegirl said... (4/29/07 7:37 AM) Reply
This dress keeps cropping up in many places I visit on internet. I like your review and think I may have to get this one!
Shazza B said... (4/29/07 2:38 AM) Reply
Yours is better than the original, Cindy Lou. Have fun in it!
Lori V said... (4/29/07 2:00 AM) Reply
Very cute dress.
EveS said... (4/28/07 9:30 PM) Reply
p.s. - is this dress bra-friendly?
EveS said... (4/28/07 9:26 PM) Reply
Will you PLEASE stop making things I need to have if you're not going to have the decency to make them in my size?! hee. No potatoes are worthy of this dress...it rocks! Now THOSE flowers are NOT froufy! I LIKE em!!!
ryan's mom said... (4/28/07 8:38 PM) Reply
So pretty! This kind of looks like a Simplicity "Wendy" pattern that has been reviewed too, but I love your version with the darts. That was such a good note about the boobs and the tent effect. Darts really turn it from flowy to fab! What a great dress!!!
Elemenopeo said... (4/28/07 6:53 PM) Reply
How pretty - love the style and think it will be fun to wear all summer.
carolynw said... (4/28/07 6:33 PM) Reply
Lovely looking dress Cindy - have been eyeing this fabric - does it crush easily?
Vonnevo said... (4/28/07 6:19 PM) Reply
Lovely dress CL. The additional darts really enhance the style.
CarolynGM said... (4/28/07 6:12 PM) Reply
Inspired idea, to add those darts in front. Very attractive summer dress.
Zaneta said... (4/28/07 5:40 PM) Reply
Wow! I love your dress and the fabric is such a great print..thanks for a fantastic review
ladybegood said... (4/28/07 5:33 PM) Reply
I love it! The darts and the contrast band are great additions.
Heatherrique said... (4/28/07 3:48 PM) Reply
Cute dress!
Nancy Self said... (4/28/07 3:12 PM) Reply
I too like the dart. I have to add darts on patterns around the rear bottom and add ins to area from below bust area to below pevic area. Keep on doing you adjustments.....
Tiner W said... (4/28/07 3:08 PM) Reply
Adorable dress! Great job with the fitting!
Nancywin said... (4/28/07 1:32 PM) Reply
Great looking dress, Dart Girl (You'll never hear the end of that one!)
Kay Y said... (4/28/07 1:10 PM) Reply
I like what you have done with this pattern i.e. the darts - It's a subtle thing but exactly right; in fact Vogue should probably have thought of it! Nice job.

Sewing Workshop L2 Bag Pattern