Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2005 (Choice of T-shirts)

Reviewed by:Leslie in Austin

Last Updated:5/9/07 6:19 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

Other Projects by Leslie in Austin using this Pattern

Stacy Sews said... (5/16/07 10:11 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful! I normally don't go for boatnecks either, but I may have to try this version too.
AnneM said... (5/12/07 8:35 PM) Reply
I was wondering where you had disappeared to. Great T-shirt. I still don't have a TNT t-shirt pattern, & think I might have to cave & buy this one. (I'm also running out of that nude powerdry. :( )
2BSewing said... (5/12/07 12:01 PM) Reply
Your top looks wonderful on you. Glad to see your review. :)
Vonnevo said... (5/10/07 7:34 PM) Reply
Fabulous Leslie !!!! Always enjoy seeing your reviews :)
SandraB said... (5/10/07 5:02 PM) Reply
Love this style and colours on you Leslie. So good to see that you are back.
Terri Smith said... (5/10/07 4:08 PM) Reply
Leslie, Thanks for the compliment! Your T looks very cool. Thanks for the tips on how to underline just the bodice top.
cindy-lou said... (5/10/07 2:00 PM) Reply
Leslie, you rock! So does your new tee. That's the ideal tattoo too-- painsess and removeable. :) I gotta check into that powerdry!
Marji said... (5/10/07 10:45 AM) Reply
Love the placement of that print - and it is very flattering on you. I'm thinking this is a pattern that needs to go on the shopping list now. Thanks for the review.
BettyMike said... (5/10/07 10:36 AM) Reply
Fabulous top! The boat neck is my favorite of this pattern. And my haul from SuperTextiles is staring at me! I haven't even washed it yet :-o
ConnieBJ said... (5/10/07 10:02 AM) Reply
That looks fabulous Leslie. I love the way you underlined it- inspired! Gotta love the Gap for their Long and Leans too!
GorgeousFabrics said... (5/10/07 9:23 AM) Reply
fabulous!!!!!
Jane S said... (5/10/07 9:18 AM) Reply
Great looking T on you, very chic.
Hilary said... (5/10/07 8:56 AM) Reply
Your top looks great on you, Leslie. Thanks for the tips on lining it. I really like the boat neck on you, it's very flattering! Btw, do they make Long and Leans in Petite and Plump? LOL-ok, I'm working on the lean part, but I'll never make the Long :oP
Leslie in Austin said... (5/10/07 8:51 AM) Reply
Thanks for the sweet comments everyone. Wore this tee yesterday and *loved* it. The clear elastic along the top edge of the lining worked really well, Peggy. The silkweight powerdry is a great breathable lining, Diana--I've been using it as a lining under all my sheer knits (including this dress and this dress). Wish I had bought more. Zaneta, the jeans are Long and Leans from The Gap.
Peggy L said... (5/10/07 8:21 AM) Reply
Glad to see you back at the machine! Love the top on you - let us know how the clear elastic works out - I would not have thought about doing that. And, of course, my fabric from that shopping trip is still "maturing".
KaraKai said... (5/10/07 7:20 AM) Reply
Beautiful!!!!!!!
JDpenelope said... (5/10/07 7:05 AM) Reply
What a great review -- You've given us lots of tips and new inspiration for this tried and true pattern. BTW, sounds like you and I have been in similar situations recently -- We've done renovation work, too--hoping to sell our home (to no avail) and there's been a grueling work schedule. Will look for more of your dynamite reviews.
jhansby said... (5/10/07 3:11 AM) Reply
Love it all!! I really need to order some of those patterns. The fabric is awesome!!
Zaneta said... (5/10/07 2:05 AM) Reply
Leslie, great top and your JEANS are also great!
KarmenG said... (5/9/07 11:56 PM) Reply
Missed you - and love the T. It's a great pattern - will be interested in your wearing experience report with the powerdry. Sounds good.
Elona said... (5/9/07 10:05 PM) Reply
Hello, Leslie in Austin! Welcome back--and looking good, as always. Nice top!
Jennifer shaw said... (5/9/07 7:45 PM) Reply
This looks so terrific on you!! The fabric is just so perfect!
MissCelie said... (5/9/07 7:45 PM) Reply
I love the neckline!
Schnauzer said... (5/9/07 7:36 PM) Reply
Leslie, I've been wondering where you were! Lovely to see you back with another gorgeous garment.
blue mooney said... (5/9/07 7:18 PM) Reply
I really like the placement, too! Good to see some of the Super Textiles haul made up. As always, you have picked super colors for yourself!
CarolynGM said... (5/9/07 7:14 PM) Reply
Great job on the pattern placement. I love the boatneck!
Seaspur said... (5/9/07 7:04 PM) Reply
Awesome t-shirt!
MelissaB in WA said... (5/9/07 7:02 PM) Reply
Gorgeous Leslie, I love the fabric and the boat neck is very hip! :-)
Diana M said... (5/9/07 6:57 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review, Leslie -- question about the powerdry -- does it breathe comfortably as the lining?

Pattern Work