Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2925 (Vogue Wardrobe)

Reviewed by:CarolynGM

About CarolynGMstarstarstarstar
AR USA
Member since: 3/9/03

Best Patterns of 2008
Posted on:5/10/07 12:00 PM
Last Updated:7/14/07 11:20 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 29 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants    Skirts
stillsewing said... (12/22/07 2:17 PM) Reply
Once again a very useful review. However no onmne seems to have made the jacket of this pattern which I would not recemmend as the sleeves were impossible to set in, in an acceptable manner.
Eme said... (8/5/07 2:21 PM) Reply
I adore the shirt - what a sweet detail on the sleeves (the gathers which attach it to the bodice). The skirt is also lovely and looks wonderfully swishy - I can see why you worked so hard on it - what a wonderful result you got! :)
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (7/19/07 5:54 PM) Reply
Wonderful, Wonderful Wardrobe!!
Jennifer shaw said... (7/16/07 10:57 AM) Reply
I love the newest versions of the top! I may really have to get this pattern. It is so elegant and flattering on you!
katharin said... (7/14/07 10:48 PM) Reply
I love the skirt and top on you!
ryan's mom said... (7/14/07 7:47 PM) Reply
What a great skirt! Make a save by spraying hairspray on the ink spot. It really works and saved me from getting beaten to death my sister when I wore her shirt (didn't ask) to school and my pen exploded on it. It was actually a fluffy sweater knit from her boyfriend. Aquanet saved my life.
Markie1 said... (7/14/07 4:38 PM) Reply
Irina, you just look beautiful. Your sewing is so meticulous, and your fabric and pattern choices suit you perfectly. I love the blood tip! Sometimes I just feel like chewing on my fabric anyway. Great review, great job.
Sherril Miller said... (7/14/07 12:09 PM) Reply
Now that it's summer, that top is especially attractive, and together with the skirt, it's simply made for the heat. Beautiful. I think I need the top pattern too.
Dee2 said... (7/14/07 11:41 AM) Reply
These tops & skirts look wonderful. This pattern is perfect for you. Thanks for the update!
CarolynGM said... (7/14/07 11:28 AM) Reply
Judy -- thanks for letting me know about the links. They are fixed now.
sewbehind said... (7/14/07 11:19 AM) Reply
Irina, you look lovely in your outfit. Graceful! Looked up that pattern. The jacket looks nice too. Beautiful job.
Judy Wentz said... (7/14/07 10:51 AM) Reply
I love your review, but I can't see all of your pictures.
SewTwin said... (6/6/07 11:38 PM) Reply
Sigh...Some people's middle name is STYLE!! Resembles a Lauren Bacall outfit. I also love white, being 5'1", it can be funny wearing it, though. I also wear denim for similar klutz reasons.
AlexaNJ said... (5/21/07 9:53 AM) Reply
Great review, great ensemble! It fits you beautifully! Nice job!
AnneM said... (5/17/07 9:26 PM) Reply
Great outfit - it looks good on you. I love every piece in this wardrobe pattern; I just might have to get it. Good idea to make the next skirt of a darker color. :o
Marji said... (5/14/07 9:41 AM) Reply
I just bought this pattern, so thank you for this v informative review. Wow is that skirt full! Love the top, love the outfit, :) good luck wearing the white!
Erica B. said... (5/13/07 5:41 PM) Reply
what a very flattering outfit.
CarolynGM said... (5/12/07 9:40 AM) Reply
Thanks for the kind comments everyone. I'm wearing this outfit today so we'll see if the skirt survives an entire day on klutzy me.
blue mooney said... (5/12/07 9:24 AM) Reply
elegant but casual. You look fantastic!
MelissaB in WA said... (5/11/07 10:59 PM) Reply
Gorgeous outfit! It looks like an excellent pattern - good luck with the white skirt, I can totally relate! LOL
PegL said... (5/11/07 7:14 PM) Reply
Great outfit on you! Great review! I always feel like a walking target when I attempt to wear white anything. Glad I'm not alone! LOL
Seamingly Simple said... (5/11/07 10:30 AM) Reply
The top is exquisite. The neckline and sleeve placement is very flattering on you. This would be a good pattern to pick up the next time Vogue goes on sale.
Physics Girl said... (5/11/07 10:10 AM) Reply
Irina: I made the top (TWICE!) and absolutely love the fit also! I think it's great that the shoulders are still covered -- making it perfect for work-wear. I love the fabric you used -- I'm glad that you beat me to reviewing it!
OP Gal said... (5/11/07 9:38 AM) Reply
Great looking outfit. I especially like the fabric you used for the top. Your story of the stains on the white skirt was hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.
KarmenG said... (5/11/07 9:15 AM) Reply
Irina - Thanks for the inspiration. The skirt is fabulous and I also like the top. I think rayon batik would be super in that skirt.
Beve said... (5/11/07 8:57 AM) Reply
This is a fabulous outfit, so well done and lovely on you. Thanks for the "blood tip". Just had the same experience. What would I do without pattern review! Thanks for the review..
Rhoda K said... (5/11/07 8:41 AM) Reply
A gorgeous outfit and looks great on you! I love the style of the top.
JDpenelope said... (5/11/07 8:27 AM) Reply
What a beautiful outfit. Thanks for the reminder about the dangers of working with white fabric. Interesting and humourous review!
KrystalL said... (5/11/07 8:21 AM) Reply
I like both your top and skirt (though I'd probably keep the flare in. I love flare!). Great job.
PixieCat said... (5/11/07 6:32 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous skirt and top! It's now on my wish list.
Danvillegirl said... (5/11/07 5:22 AM) Reply
Flattering skirt and top. Looks nice on you.
Dmd4106 said... (5/11/07 0:12 AM) Reply
Nice Outfit. Review is histerical. My swap is black & white. I'm was laughing whilst cutting out thinking of yr survior methods.:)
tomed said... (5/10/07 10:52 PM) Reply
Very nice! You look GREAT in this!
Karla Kizer said... (5/10/07 10:09 PM) Reply
Breezy, elegant, perfect. Vogue should thank you for making their pattern look so good. But I just watched CSI and I can hear the dialog: "Blood stains on the skirt and a glycerin compound in Rosy Plum. The perp wore lipstick."
VtMartha said... (5/10/07 9:50 PM) Reply
Wonderful outfit! I think you should make the same skirt in black to go with the top as well.
Jennifer shaw said... (5/10/07 9:47 PM) Reply
Irina, this looks absolutely wonderful on you!
carolynw said... (5/10/07 9:42 PM) Reply
Very lovely Irina - must get this pattern - need a white skirt too so hope I don't have as many mishaps as you did LOL - never fails does it - if it were any other color nothing at all would have happened!
Sharon M said... (5/10/07 9:05 PM) Reply
Love it! The top is wonderful as is the skirt. It looks very nice on you
ndesimon said... (5/10/07 8:11 PM) Reply
love love LOVE!
Sherril Miller said... (5/10/07 7:35 PM) Reply
That top suits you perfectly. I'd love to see a pic of the tank. Very nice skirt pattern and it looks tailor made for you.
Vonnevo said... (5/10/07 7:31 PM) Reply
Fabulous Irina !! I had overlooked this pattern and especially love the top, which has a very elegant neckline. Thanks for sharing with us :))
Sew4Fun said... (5/10/07 7:26 PM) Reply
Fabulous outfit Irina! It really suits you and is very flatering. Love that top!
Sewliz said... (5/10/07 7:04 PM) Reply
Lovely outfit! I keep eyeing this pattern. Maybe the jacket would sew up well too. I love the fabrics you chose, you look great!
drsue said... (5/10/07 6:34 PM) Reply
fabulous ensemble!
Carolyndh said... (5/10/07 4:45 PM) Reply
Irina, Very classy skirt and top! I just bought this pattern today at the local Hancocks Vogue sale. I had seen Summerset Banks reviews of this pattern previously. Your version is really nice as well. I may remove some of the flare from the skirt as you did. Thanks for the wonderfully detailed review.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (5/10/07 4:34 PM) Reply
Super super, LOVE the top and skirt. You look great, thanks for review, will be a classic top to make again and again.
Sigrid. said... (5/10/07 4:32 PM) Reply
Very nice combination. Like the skirt, but the top is a pattern I would like to sew right away. Thanks for the extensive review.
washer_woman said... (5/10/07 3:54 PM) Reply
Both the top and the skirt are very cute!!! Thank you for the review!
Kay Y said... (5/10/07 2:24 PM) Reply
Wow Irina - that is a beautiful outfit. I have *almost* bought this pattern about 3 times but for some reason held back. I feel my resolve slipping now.
cindy-lou said... (5/10/07 2:07 PM) Reply
I agree, love the skirt, LOOOOVE the top! One of the recent magazines (Threads??) published a tip on getting pinprick blood stains out of fabric, so rest easy knowing you're not alone!
mastdenman said... (5/10/07 2:00 PM) Reply
Nice outfit. That would make a nice summer dress too.
Lisa Laree said... (5/10/07 1:59 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern a couple of weeks ago; your garments look so great that I need to move it up the 'make this' queue! Thanks so much for the great info!
Leslie in Austin said... (5/10/07 1:30 PM) Reply
What a great outfit! I especially love the top--the neckline is so graceful on you. Thanks for the hints on working with white fabrics, as that's the next fabric on my horizon!
Luckylibbet said... (5/10/07 1:27 PM) Reply
Great job - both the top and skirt are very flattering. Your description of your alterations was very helpful.
touran said... (5/10/07 1:08 PM) Reply
Very pretty pairing. They look good on you.
MissCelie said... (5/10/07 1:04 PM) Reply
You look fantastic. I love it all!
megp47 said... (5/10/07 12:42 PM) Reply
You look great--very simple yet elegant lines, and the color and pattern choices are perfect. Great job!
pterion said... (5/10/07 12:29 PM) Reply
This is a very lovely ensemble. It looks great on you!
JeanK said... (5/10/07 12:11 PM) Reply
Irina, very nice job! I appreciate your description and photos of the alterations to the skirt. Mostly, though, I've had my morning laugh reading your hilarious conclusion.

SewBaby Totpacks Pattern