Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2006-115 (Wrap Dress)

Reviewed by:Vivienne

About Viviennestar
Member since: 6/29/04
Posted on:5/21/07 11:56 PM
Last Updated:6/2/07 6:10 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Heatherrique said... (8/2/08 11:19 PM) Reply
You look absolutely sensational in this dress! Very nicely constructed!
ribbit2jen said... (6/7/07 9:25 AM) Reply
Wow, I have the issue of BWOF that this was in and have been hoping to see it turn out as great as yours!!!! I can't wait to make it in a wool jersey for winter now :) Thanks!!
mad4sewing said... (6/4/07 5:11 PM) Reply
I love that style dress. It's my favorite cut! Pretty warm chocolate brown color too!
nicegirl said... (6/3/07 7:29 PM) Reply
Oooooh, it looks great on you.
appleC said... (6/3/07 8:09 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! Thanks for sharing the tip on neck binding.
Schnauzer said... (6/3/07 7:37 AM) Reply
Very very nice!
Athene said... (6/3/07 1:29 AM) Reply
Your dress looks great. Thank you for the review. Unfortunately I only get to fabricana about once a year as I live on the island - but my trek there is coming up soon - I hope to find some great looking jerseys there to inspire me.
Lori V said... (6/3/07 0:31 AM) Reply
Very beautiful
MareeAlison said... (6/2/07 10:01 PM) Reply
Congrats on your lovely dress. Very flattering.
touran said... (6/2/07 7:03 PM) Reply
Vivienne, that's just beautiful. The drape and pleats look great.
beangirl said... (5/29/07 10:13 PM) Reply
What a great review, thanks for comparing your various pattern options!
SarahWeb said... (5/29/07 3:16 PM) Reply
Thanks for this thorough review. I, too, am currently embarking on the search for the perfect wrap dress, and, having recently acquired one of the DVF designs, am starting with that. I will be sure to include this Burda pattern in my investigation.
Marji said... (5/29/07 1:25 PM) Reply
Love the review - :) hopeing to see a better pic someday, but in it's fuzzyness it looks great and your pattern recommendation is appreciated.
sewbehind said... (5/29/07 10:17 AM) Reply
Ah, you came through with the pictures. Thank you. It looks just as lovely as you said it did.
Deepika said... (5/29/07 10:05 AM) Reply
What a great review.
HenriettenDK said... (5/29/07 8:23 AM) Reply
Tell your husband there is a parcel for him and that he just needs to *unwrap* it....;-) great review!
ConnieBJ said... (5/29/07 7:57 AM) Reply
Let me get this straight- You Love The Pattern!! Great review Vivienne and what a wonderful dress! congrats
MissCelie said... (5/29/07 7:34 AM) Reply
Your enthusiasm and review are awesome!
AlisonF said... (5/29/07 6:59 AM) Reply
What a great review! I love a wrap dress and this one looks fab.
janella said... (5/29/07 5:01 AM) Reply
hehaheha.. your review is so funny!... open heart surgery indeed! I shall have to investigate this pattern. I've tried the McCalls 5314 - it's about 8/10.
motomoda said... (5/29/07 3:41 AM) Reply
You have almost inspired me to make this - just having trouble justifying yet another pattern in the stash. Not being in the USA I have no qualms about looking like a UPS delivery person and I think brown is a very good choice!
carolineG said... (5/28/07 9:03 AM) Reply
please do post some pics!
Vivienne said... (5/28/07 0:22 AM) Reply
Squirellypoo, this would not work for me in a woven. Perhaps it might for you, though, because you are slender.
nicegirl said... (5/22/07 1:04 PM) Reply
High praise for this dress! I'd love to see it on you, but I have no doubt it's fabulous.
sewbehind said... (5/22/07 10:28 AM) Reply
I agree, you are a tease, telling us that it is the greatest fitting bodice and then NOT showing us a picture. Show us!!! Great review.
pterion said... (5/22/07 10:17 AM) Reply
What a great review - and such a teaser! Please please post a photo! The dress sounds wonderful.
squirrellypoo said... (5/22/07 6:17 AM) Reply
Can't wait to see a photo! I've often thought of making that dress, but never quite got around to it. Do you think it would work in a woven since it's got all the shaping darts already?
yorkshire lass said... (5/22/07 3:20 AM) Reply
Thank you for a very helpful review. Looking forward to the pictures so I can see it in all its glory.
Seaspur said... (5/22/07 0:47 AM) Reply
Aha, so you are the one who bought all that brown rayon/lycra I had my eye on at Fabricana. Can't wait to see the pictures, I've been wanting to make this since it came out last year.

Self Drafted Pattern Laney Wyld Chic Patterns