Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2546 (Couturier Coat Dress)

Reviewed by:twistedangel

About twistedangelstarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 7/18/05
Posted on:6/6/07 6:48 PM
Last Updated:10/20/09 9:21 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 27 people

Christas said... (10/24/09 10:27 AM) Reply
Very nice coat! It looks so perfect!
MamaSewing said... (10/21/09 9:54 AM) Reply
Great lovely coat!
3HoursPast said... (10/21/09 0:28 AM) Reply
Oh how interesting, I never made the connection between the changed slopers and antiquated undergarments. It seems so obvious now. Gorgeous dress, very very very well done. Amazing.
sew obsessed said... (10/20/09 11:11 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! I love the vintage style of this coat/dress. It's perfect on you.
solosmocker said... (10/20/09 9:47 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress and great review. I had more than a couple of those coat dresses back in the day. I always loved wearing them.
ELizabeth_Atl said... (8/8/07 2:23 PM) Reply
WOW. I wish I had the skill to make this, but as it is vintage, I guess I'm off the hook. Kudos!
twistedangel said... (6/11/07 6:10 PM) Reply
Hi Kay, that is due to the interfacing... it sort of does that on it's own. I pressed mine down. I didn't like it like that on me. :-)
Jennifer shaw said... (6/11/07 3:34 PM) Reply
I love your coat!! It is so gorgeous on you!! Thanks for such a great review and the inspiration.
Celeste said... (6/10/07 8:43 PM) Reply
This really is a Holly Golightly style!! You can just see Hepburn in this one.
Kay Y said... (6/10/07 11:40 AM) Reply
Really nice job Krystin! I am curious about the hem - the picture on the pattern envelope looks soft and unpressed. Is this addressed in the instructions?
Karen6790 said... (6/7/07 11:18 PM) Reply
If this is the muslin, then I'm scared of the final product. This is delicious. Thanks for the warnings for the less-than-advanced. I know I'm not ready for this project yet, but you've made me want to be.
hongkongshopper said... (6/7/07 6:58 PM) Reply
Love the style! Great coat.
ldpaulson said... (6/7/07 6:36 PM) Reply
I am in awe. Wow.
cmarie12 said... (6/7/07 5:00 PM) Reply
I asw this in progress on your website and was just amazed at is even more beautiful finished! Amazing job!
drsue said... (6/7/07 3:51 PM) Reply
Great job. Very much now. I just saw a fashion spread which featured these types of coats.
Jane S said... (6/7/07 2:02 PM) Reply
What a spectacular coat and enjoyable review. Thanks for sharing this detailed process.
Levone said... (6/7/07 1:07 PM) Reply
Gorgeous coat! Excellent and informative review as usual.
AnneM said... (6/7/07 10:50 AM) Reply
Nice style. It definitely looks like a coat, so I think you made a good choice using it as a coat (otherwise people would be telling you to take your coat off!).
Hilary said... (6/7/07 8:51 AM) Reply
What a beautiful job you did on this! Yours looks far better than than pattern cover.
Karine said... (6/7/07 8:48 AM) Reply
You've done an exceptional job with this - it's wonderful. Thanks for the helpful review.
yummymummy38 said... (6/7/07 8:20 AM) Reply
twistedangel, you've done it again, impeccable work and fabulous coat. BTW, I love looking through your pictures for info and inspiration!!!
EveS said... (6/7/07 7:49 AM) Reply
I just have to comment again...I peeked at your fabric lot from ebay and I'm waaay jealous! What a score!!! And to think, all of that lovely fabric is going from it's dark, wet, storage to your lovely (jealous yet again) fabric stash to live!!! What a fabric've done a good deed! :)
madhatter said... (6/7/07 6:27 AM) Reply
wow! if this is only the muslin, i'm really eager to see a "real" one. it's awesome now, so will an original be heaven?!
Erica B. said... (6/7/07 2:56 AM) Reply
What a great looking coat! I love the vintage styling!
candyo said... (6/7/07 0:21 AM) Reply
That's pretty good for a muslin, putting it mildly! I bet that stash's original owner would be pleased to know her fabric went to a good home!
Dmd4106 said... (6/6/07 11:11 PM) Reply
Fabulous Coat! Excellent review. You've been on a roll,so good "hearing" from you again. Oh yeah! yr studio looks inspiring.
Lori V said... (6/6/07 11:03 PM) Reply
This is so gorgeous. I too love all your fabric and fabric organization in the background.
sandrasdaughter said... (6/6/07 10:26 PM) Reply
Wow! I am even more empressed with the fabric organization in the room.... (running off to buy hangers)
mastdenman said... (6/6/07 10:00 PM) Reply
I too love coat dresses. Yours is beautiful. And an instant stash for 99 cents. Wow, scored.
slanden99 said... (6/6/07 9:58 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful!
blue mooney said... (6/6/07 9:41 PM) Reply
only a muslin? wow!
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (6/6/07 9:36 PM) Reply
great coat...but I even more impressed with fabric on hangers in the background. So organized. My textiles are all jumbled in one bin and then some boxes.
EveS said... (6/6/07 8:22 PM) Reply
Not only is the design impeccible, so is your work. This is simply stunning (AND cheap?!?) My heart's aflutter over this one!
MissCelie said... (6/6/07 8:06 PM) Reply
Excellent review. Beauuuutiful work.
bunz said... (6/6/07 8:05 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous!
LoriB said... (6/6/07 7:53 PM) Reply
Outstanding coat! Very, very nice.
tentmaker said... (6/6/07 7:47 PM) Reply
I Remember that Coat Dress. My Mom made it for herself and wore it to my Son's Christening. She made it out of Navy Blue Faille "sp" and she wore one of those little tiny "Audrey Hepburn" style hats with a sexy veil.
touran said... (6/6/07 7:42 PM) Reply
Great review. This is such a handsome piece. You'll look fab in it.
CarolynGM said... (6/6/07 7:29 PM) Reply
What a lovely classic style that has withstood the test of time. Your coat is beautifully constructed. Thanks for a superb review.
Michelle in Oaktown said... (6/6/07 6:59 PM) Reply
I love coat dresses, and you did an impeccable job. Thank you for sharing in such great detail. So...can you please try it on for us again? (kidding)
MelissaB in WA said... (6/6/07 6:59 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!!! And what steal on all the fabric - lucky you! :-)
causticmuse said... (6/6/07 6:57 PM) Reply
That is a seriously cute looking coat/dress. Fabulous work!

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2010-112A