Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1809 OOP (DKNY dress)

Reviewed by:Sigrid.

About Sigrid.starstarstarstar
Netherlands
Member since: 11/14/06
Posted on:6/17/07 2:18 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

Sweater knit fabrics

bsacosta said... (1/17/14 4:26 PM) Reply
I like this dress and it is well fitted. I made this dress and it was fairly easy, it did take a little bit of work finishing and turning the lining once attached to the dress. You are right, it would make a cute black dress.
Karla Kizer said... (6/21/07 7:38 AM) Reply
I have this pattern in my stash, and it's a beauty. You did a great job of altering to fit; the dress is lovely. (And I went to your blog, appreciate that you write in English - and do it so perfectly!)
AnneM said... (6/21/07 7:15 AM) Reply
Nice, professional looking dress (although the pictures are a bit difficult to see). This style is such a timeless classic.
Re Becca said... (6/18/07 2:37 PM) Reply
I have this too, I made View B and didn't care for the neckline on me, I may have to try thother one now since yours looks so nice!
Mufffet said... (6/18/07 12:36 PM) Reply
Thank you for a good review. This dress is almost identical to one I made back in 1966. I made three versions at that time - just different fabrics. :) Short hems. I have never done Hong Kong finish seaming. Thank you for the picture of this technique.
Fran G said... (6/18/07 6:53 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress and very informative review. Your blog is wonderful, too, lots of great information, photos are so helpful!
Larkin said... (6/18/07 2:34 AM) Reply
What a beautiful summer dress! And thanks for the detailed review and discussion of exploring a new technique.
MissCelie said... (6/17/07 5:16 PM) Reply
Sigrid, the inside is so well done!
Kay Y said... (6/17/07 5:10 PM) Reply
I am happy to have given you some ideas which you definitely put to good use! You have achieved a good fit and this is a lovely sheath dress. (Yours is nicer than mine on the inside - I just serged the seam edges!)
Linda G said... (6/17/07 4:10 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress even if the lines don't show, they make the fit wonderful. And it gives you an excuse to make another out of plain fabric.
janella said... (6/17/07 3:34 PM) Reply
Very nice dress... the inside looks pretty too.. which is always a bonus. You can see the lines in the dress :) As soon as I looked at your picture I thought...what a lovely cut..
Marji said... (6/17/07 3:05 PM) Reply
Very nice, and beautifully constructed. I have this one cut out and in my UFO pile. Forgot about it til I saw your review. I should get it out and finish it.
CarolynGM said... (6/17/07 2:23 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress with interesting seaming. Thanks for the finishing details.

Understanding Knit Fabrics