Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 72024-1000 (Self Drafted Dress)

Reviewed by:edupraz

About eduprazstar
PA USA
Member since: 9/13/06
Posted on:6/18/07 11:05 AM
Last Updated:6/18/07 12:03 PM

madhatter said... (6/24/07 12:55 PM) Reply
very flattering and absolutely perfect tailored!
Nancywin said... (6/19/07 9:52 PM) Reply
Very flattering dress. It looks great.
Lori V said... (6/19/07 7:04 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress, it looks so lovely on you.
Danvillegirl said... (6/19/07 5:33 AM) Reply
I think you achieved your goal. Good job.
LorelleD said... (6/19/07 3:18 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress. It looks terrific on you. A good design that you will get a lot of wear out of. A good fit too. Well done.
nicegirl said... (6/18/07 6:09 PM) Reply
With the temperature they keep most offices, you'll probably be able to wear it in summer. I think the style is very flattering and the fit is excellent.
Annette1 said... (6/18/07 5:31 PM) Reply
This is very flattering on you, making all your extra fitting efforts worth it. :o) It seems very versatile, too. If it's cold in your office (like mine, where I have my heater blasting away year-'round), you might be able to make a little bolero or some sort of short jacket to wear over it. I think that would be really cute. You could even do it in eyelet for summer, and something else for winter. Great job!
edupraz said... (6/18/07 4:33 PM) Reply
fuzzygalore, you make some excellent points. I'm not completely confident how much I will wear it either. I will say that my office is air conditioned, so in the summer it's pretty much freezing all the time. The lining and wool issue may not be a problem. I have yet to try out the jumper thing... but, I am hopeful!
Judy Wentz said... (6/18/07 3:59 PM) Reply
This is absolutely wonderful! You are talented.
Skymom said... (6/18/07 3:06 PM) Reply
I think it looks great--totally, perfectly classic. With a very light knit top you should be fine in winter, and you can always throw a little sweater over it when you wear it sleeveless.
Laurie Lou said... (6/18/07 1:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. It is nice to hear about "self drafted patterns because I too find after I modify this and that it becomes so and it is extremely good experience to learn how to do it. Your dress turned out great!
fuzzygalore said... (6/18/07 12:46 PM) Reply
It's a very nice jumper, but I'm also not sure you'll get a lot of use out of it as a dress. Even tropical weight wool, lined to boot, would be unbearable in most climates hot enough to warrant the sleeveless and open neck thing.. I also wonder whether you'll have enough room to put a shirt underneath, seeing how it fits you so well in the picutre? Still, you clearly did much better than McCall here :-).
Mufffet said... (6/18/07 12:40 PM) Reply
What a lovely dress!! EXCELLENT job. I think you can get a lot of use from this pattern now that you have slaved to get it just right - the fit looks perfect! Thanks for the tip about the Claire Shaeffer book. I had wondered if it were worth buying.

Truly Victorian TV463