Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Other> Sewy - bra Linda (bra with/without wires)

Reviewed by:Sigrid.

About Sigrid.starstarstarstar
Netherlands
Member since: 11/14/06
Posted on:6/23/07 10:40 AM
Last Updated:6/24/07 2:07 PM

Donna H said... (6/24/07 3:22 PM) Reply
Wow, I'm totally impressed taking on this project. You did a fantastic job. I love the fabric. Your bra looks RTW. Great job and Great review!!! Thanks for all the details.
Sigrid. said... (6/24/07 2:13 PM) Reply
Fuzzygalore: The link you give works the same in the end as I always do, but it is not th needed change in the Sewy pattern, in my edited text I tried to explain. Today I wore my bra, and never thought about it, which is a good sign, is it not? The feeling is different because my usual bra's tend to 'pull' my breasts a bit more to the center, while this bra gives a bit more separation.
Stacy Sews said... (6/23/07 10:57 PM) Reply
Wow, Another fantastic bra! I woud have had no idea that this wasn't purchased at a store, those fabrics are fantastic!
fuzzygalore said... (6/23/07 7:15 PM) Reply
Is this kind of what you did to the band?? http://bra-makers.blogspot.com/2006/05/thin-is-in.html It makes sense that sewing the wire right next to the band might cause strange flips... But tell us, you keep saying this bra feels so different, are you referring to the elastic flip, or just unused to vertical seams, or what :-)??? Inquiring minds want to know because I have this pattern and can't wait to try it... Thanks for such a detailed review!
Mary Stiefer said... (6/23/07 11:53 AM) Reply
Wow - this looks fantastic. I love the combination of stripes and polka dots. And the panty to match is fab. Great job - and now that you have all the kinks worked out - it should end up to be a TNT pattern.
Sigrid. said... (6/23/07 11:39 AM) Reply
Thanks for the compliments. Nancy: I answered your questions in a post on my blog.
cindyann said... (6/23/07 11:24 AM) Reply
Great looking bra. It looks very comfortable and fits you well.
Lisa Merry said... (6/23/07 10:48 AM) Reply
The bra looks so well made, and the use of contrasting fabrics on the bra and matching panties is so cute!
Nancywin said... (6/23/07 10:46 AM) Reply
Sigrid - you must have the best lingerie on the planet. Do you have a suggestion for a bra pattern in English that would work for me? I wear either a 32DD or 34D depending on the bra style. I have the most difficult time finding bras that fit so maybe I should try making one. Also, I have more questions I'll post on your blog. THanks for the great review

Christine Jonson Taper Pant & Wide Leg Pant

Christine Jonson Taper Pant & Wide Leg Pant

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Pin-up Girls 1230