Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8151 (Sandra Betzina Today's Fit Top)

Reviewed by:tamtay

About tamtaystar
Member since: 8/20/03
Posted on:6/30/07 2:15 AM
Last Updated:7/1/07 11:40 AM

TalyQ said... (2/8/09 11:25 AM) Reply
Thank you for this review. I am working on fitting this pattern and I am a F/G cup. I have to lower the dart just like you did, but it also appears I do not need a FBA. I am going to continuing tweaking this pattern, sicne it has so many good reviews.
katie lynne said... (1/3/09 5:36 PM) Reply
This is simply a beautiful fit you've achieved. Thank you for all of your tweaking tips. I have a very similar shape and I have this pattern; so I'm going to give it a whirl!
mssewcrazy said... (11/27/07 6:20 PM) Reply
i love your shirt. Thanks for all the hints for fitting and sewing it.
Leslie Bonner said... (7/13/07 11:45 PM) Reply
Love this t-shirt pattern. It fits me perfectly but you are right about narrowing the sleeve cap.
Helen near Sydney said... (7/13/07 4:53 AM) Reply
Fuzzygalore, can you tell me what you mean by '...bring the shoulder seam forward ...not a forward shoulder alteration mind you, just bring the whole seam forward ...'? Does this mean set the shoulder seam forward at both the neck edge and the sleeve cap by the same amount? (PS I would have posted this to you privately but you have your settings set to NO for emails.)
tamtay said... (7/2/07 3:17 PM) Reply
MareeAlison, my upper bust is 38"; my full bust is 45". I bought based on my upper bust size expecting to do an FBA. On the front I cut size D--38" bust--through the shoulders and cut size F--43" bust--from the underarm down. Between the give of the knit fabric and my narrow back (I cut the back to size D all the way to the waist) the bust fits w/o an fba.
Sanibelle said... (7/2/07 10:22 AM) Reply
It fits you beautifully. I just got this pattern in the mail today and seeing how great it looks on you will be a great motivation. Thank you for such a helpful review.
MareeAlison said... (7/1/07 8:34 PM) Reply
Tamtay - did you choose the size based on your bust or high bust measurement?
Lou05 said... (7/1/07 7:26 PM) Reply
A simply super job and review! You look terrific. I'm going to try leaving off the dart and try out some of your adjustments. Thanks for all the detail.
Jane S said... (7/1/07 1:02 PM) Reply
Bravo to you for your perseverance and such a good result. I'm about to start this same process with this pattern and we have similar fitting and sizes so it's great to have your inspiration spurring me onward.
OP Gal said... (7/1/07 12:27 PM) Reply
Great looking top--very becoming. Thanks for the detailed review. I have this pattern and haven't used it yet, but plan to. I'll refer to your review for the good tips when I do!
CSY said... (7/1/07 12:05 PM) Reply
Well done.
Mary Stiefer said... (7/1/07 11:52 AM) Reply
What a fabulous fit - and now you have a TNT pattern for many in different colors.
moushka said... (7/1/07 8:20 AM) Reply
What a brilliant deduction re easing the back to fit over the hips! All the women in my family have high hip fluff; it sounds like allowing for that bit of easing in the waist to hip side seams might be just what we all need. You look beautiful in your impeccably fitting tee. Thanks for a five star review. Sue
MareeAlison said... (7/1/07 3:39 AM) Reply
Tamtay - great review. I have this pattern and for some reason never noticed the plain T pattern only the wrap version. Since we seem to have a similar shape, I'm going to try this next. If I ever get my sewing room back that is. Thx.
tamtay said... (7/1/07 0:01 AM) Reply
Hi everyone! Thanks for the comments! Fuzzygalore--re the forward shoulders--I recently realized (after decades of sewing) that I have sloped shoulders and that is why all shirts slide down my back--duh! I still might do the forward shoulder alteration because the shoulder seam starts in the correct spot but ends just behind my shoulder joint. Marylynn, thanks for the welcome back! I haven't posted in sooo long!
Carolyndh said... (6/30/07 11:28 PM) Reply
I agree with everyone else. Awesome fit and great looking T-shirt!
Peggy L said... (6/30/07 2:29 PM) Reply
Great fit! and congratulations on having a TNT for future t-shirts.
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (6/30/07 12:52 PM) Reply
WoooHooo! Great job and fit. It's sooo good to see you's been a long time. Welcome back.
Sherril Miller said... (6/30/07 10:38 AM) Reply
Tami, doesn't it feel great to get it right? You certainly got it right on this one. Make more changes if you must, but this one is a keeper. I love the neckline on you.
carolynw said... (6/30/07 9:08 AM) Reply
That's one nice fitting Tee - great work!
Karla Kizer said... (6/30/07 7:05 AM) Reply
Very nice. A sleek minimalist look that requires great fit - you can't buy RTW that fits like this top fits you. Congratulations!
Liane M said... (6/30/07 6:20 AM) Reply
You look fantastic! Your tee shirt is great too.
fuzzygalore said... (6/30/07 5:48 AM) Reply
I believe it was Sandra who taught me to bring the shoulder seam forward when I had a problem with looser garments sliding forward. Not a forward shoulder alteration mind you, just bring the whole seam forward 1/2". I've always found it to do the trick... Anyway, this certainely looks perfect on you :-).