Brother

Last Updated:2/17/03 5:50 AM
Review Rating:
Helpful by 12 people    Needs More Info by 4 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Margaret said... (2/18/03 6:13 PM) Reply
Thanks for the compliments! I didn't actually wear it on the 14th; we had Valentine's Day a week earlier because it was easier for my BF to get train tickets (he is in grad school on the other end of the state), and the dress wasn't finished by then. Anne, I suspect the side pouches problem means the waist needs to be less curved in at the sides and then taken in with darts elsewhere to compensate. Maybe I'll try to do that if I make this dress again, since I'd like it to have more room in the hips but no "pouches"... it almost has them already.
Mbarkle said... (2/17/03 12:07 PM) Reply
Margaret, this is beautiful. thanks for a detailed review.
AnneM said... (2/17/03 11:53 AM) Reply
I know exactly what you mean about side pouches on this type of skirt; I just encountered that. Great job, and very good review including the tips on the fabric choices.
alex said... (2/17/03 11:26 AM) Reply
The dress looks great on you! Romantic, but it works for a cold climate! (Of course you have a dirty mirror - you've been busy sewing! :) )
Rhonda Noah said... (2/17/03 7:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress, Margaret! That definitely looks romantic. Did you wear it out to dinner on the big day? I really enjoyed the detailed review too.

StyleArc Pleated Pia Top