Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 07-2007-124 (Top)

Reviewed by:Vonnevo

About Vonnevostarstarstarstar
Australia
Member since: 10/25/04
Posted on:7/21/07 11:28 AM
Last Updated:7/25/07 8:19 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

AnneMarie60 said... (7/8/10 12:49 PM) Reply
I wish the photo links were still viable. Thanks for the great review. Your top looks great.
brissie71 said... (6/12/09 0:15 AM) Reply
What a fantastic review, Vonne. I'm just in the process of tracing this one out and was having a few doubts about putting it together. This is way more than helpful!
Meredith P said... (8/10/07 9:40 AM) Reply
Great review! I too love the plus sizes in WOF, but am a different size. I especially loved this top when I saw it. Please, please, please if you document your downsizing efforts, post them on PR. Thanks!
kim*brown said... (8/2/07 7:14 PM) Reply
Love the color, a great piece!
OP Gal said... (7/25/07 7:54 PM) Reply
Great review--almost a tutorial. Thanks.
Elona said... (7/25/07 1:55 PM) Reply
Terrific review! I also was charmed by this top, and a bit disheartened when I noticed that it was in the larger size range only.
Izzie said... (7/25/07 9:41 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review Vonne, I'm printing it off and putting it in my magazine right now.
Beve said... (7/25/07 8:31 AM) Reply
Great review! I loved this one too and I would appreciate hearing more about your downsizing. It's a beautiful blouse. Thanks so much for all the info..
MelissaB in WA said... (7/23/07 10:33 AM) Reply
Very very helpful review Vonne! It looks like you're on the right track to size down that pattern. I don't know how many times I've wished Burda would have made the plus size patterns in regular sizes too. I think it would be much harder to size down to a 36 or 38 so I just keep my fingers crossed I'll find something similar soon.
Judy Williment said... (7/23/07 6:32 AM) Reply
Thanks for such a comprehensive and helpful review Vonne - I'm planning to make this one myself when the magazine hits our shores, so seeing yours now makes my task a lot easier!
Danvillegirl said... (7/23/07 5:17 AM) Reply
So very thorough and helpful information. Now that you have it perfected I am sure we will be seeing some other great looking tops from you!
Modiste Madness said... (7/22/07 11:38 AM) Reply
Wow this is a alteration and sewing lesson in and of itself! Thanks for all your work on the review. I love your top. The adjustments are perfect.
beangirl said... (7/22/07 9:38 AM) Reply
Well, I agree with everyone else: this is going to be a great top on you, the color is fab, and this is a wonderfully helpful review! Thanks Vonne!
carolynw said... (7/22/07 9:14 AM) Reply
Looks like you are on a winning streak - once again. The colour is great for you - looking forward to seeing the "new" top - great work Vonnevo
cmarie12 said... (7/22/07 9:00 AM) Reply
What a great instructive and very helpful review.
Lilibet said... (7/22/07 2:39 AM) Reply
I love this version of the twist. I can see it will be gorgeous on you when resized.
MareeAlison said... (7/21/07 10:43 PM) Reply
Bee-ooo-ti-ful dahhling! ;-)
hongkongshopper said... (7/21/07 9:28 PM) Reply
Looking forward to the "real" version. Noice!
Katharine in BXL said... (7/21/07 8:22 PM) Reply
What a lovely choice, and eye-catching top, and a delightfully helpful review! Thanks a million Vonne.
ribbit2jen said... (7/21/07 7:34 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review and all the great details!!!
Linda G said... (7/21/07 5:40 PM) Reply
Like everyone else, I really liked this top but trashed the idea because of the sizes being too big....thanks for the review, I may try it sometime with your review close at hand.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (7/21/07 4:30 PM) Reply
thanks so much Vonne for your great review,I also saw this top and wished it came in smaller sizes. It looks very elegant on you already, the next one will be fabulous I am sure. I am tempted to make one too now with all your help.
*Pepper* said... (7/21/07 4:28 PM) Reply
Wow! That is one beautiful top. Thank you for posting such a detailed review.
blue mooney said... (7/21/07 4:12 PM) Reply
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Thanks for the review, the instructions, and the tip about the sizing. I can't wait to see your improved, resized version.
Deb Fox said... (7/21/07 3:26 PM) Reply
May I ask, how did you grade down to a 40-42? I love Burda Plus styles, but haven't quite gotten my mind around just how to downsize. I usually use a 40 for the neck and shoulders then go out to a 42 at the underam.
Erica B. said... (7/21/07 2:23 PM) Reply
I think the top is beautiful and I love the fabric and the color is very flattering on you.
lmg said... (7/21/07 1:08 PM) Reply
Looks fantastic. Can't wait to see the next version.
Luckylibbet said... (7/21/07 12:54 PM) Reply
Is there a way to rate a review beyond very helpful? This is one of the most extensive and helpful reviews I have ever read. Kudos Vonne for tackling this one for all of us!
MissCelie said... (7/21/07 12:35 PM) Reply
Wow. What a helpful review Vonne!
TrixieD said... (7/21/07 12:33 PM) Reply
I was planning to give this top a try with a slinky material. You made the task seems less daunting with your detailed notes and good pictures. thanks
Debbie Cook said... (7/21/07 12:23 PM) Reply
Very pretty! Too bad you don't like the fabric since that's a great color on you. But I'm sure your final version will be lovely too. I'd like to try this pattern for winter ... in about 6 months!
Nancy K said... (7/21/07 11:47 AM) Reply
Thanks! I trashed a twist top because I was tired and made a mess of it. I looked at this top and thought it was just lovely but I was very confused by the instructions.Your illustrated directions are really great. I would love it if you would post how you have resized this as I would have to resize down 2 sizes in the neck and shoulders. Thanks for a terrific review.
Sherril Miller said... (7/21/07 11:45 AM) Reply
Vonne, it seems to me that you don't necessarily need to do your Steps 5,6,&7. Just as on other twist tops, won't this small area be hidden behind the knot? I know on the twist top with the underbust support, I just left that area without turning the SA. You don't even see this area under the knot so why clip and sew down the SA? BTW, your final top is going to be fantastic since this one is already wonderful on you when pinned to fit. Thank you so much for putting this review together. Sleep tight!
Frogstitcher said... (7/21/07 11:40 AM) Reply
Wow, what a fabulously detailed review. I'm sure there are many thankful folks out there who may not have otherwise attempted this top and now can proceed with confidence. Your test sew top looks great and now I'll be waiting to see the review of your "good" top.
Linda E. said... (7/21/07 11:39 AM) Reply
Vonne, thanks for the great review.. I am glad you got it to work.. I need to look at this pattern I love it on you.. I wonder how it would look on me.

Victory Satsuki Paper Pattern