Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2007-101 (Top)

Reviewed by:tweedcurtain

About tweedcurtainstar
BC CANADA
Member since: 6/11/06
Posted on:7/30/07 1:19 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
JeanEsther said... (3/5/08 7:41 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! I like your suggestion of gathering first, then cutting to fit. I have this top planned for this weekend.
LianneM said... (10/1/07 7:21 PM) Reply
This is a lovely blouse and I agree with you, the ruffle is lovely - especially with the stripe fabric.
jnamcd said... (7/31/07 11:28 PM) Reply
Love it!
Danvillegirl said... (7/31/07 5:16 AM) Reply
Another cute top. Interesting fabric.
gatorgirl4325 said... (7/30/07 10:58 AM) Reply
Such a nice summer top - I love it.
Sherril Miller said... (7/30/07 10:30 AM) Reply
The neckline ruffle is a great feature. Thanks for the advise on widening it and not measuring beforehand.
cindyann said... (7/30/07 10:17 AM) Reply
Adorable! I want it. Perfect fabric for that design.
mary said... (7/30/07 7:43 AM) Reply
wow very nice !
MissCelie said... (7/30/07 7:23 AM) Reply
That's interesting that the v-neck isn't as deep. I like the way it worked out with the stripes.
hongkongshopper said... (7/30/07 6:19 AM) Reply
I like your version - very nice in the stripes
Leslie in NZ said... (7/30/07 3:18 AM) Reply
Great looking top. Thanks for this review. I have this pattern traced and will be making it soon. I especially appreciate your discussion of your experience with the fabric. I hope to use this type of fabric and also have no experience with it.
JenniferBee said... (7/30/07 1:55 AM) Reply
Lovely top, I have this one marked in my BWOF too, just have to find the right fabric.
tweedcurtain said... (7/30/07 1:33 AM) Reply
I think you could get away with using a stretch jersey. It seems to me the pattern pieces are smaller than usual, because the plisse will stretch out as the mini pleats have so much give, so Burda allowed for that. As I was using a stripe that will look horrid if stretched out too much, I added an extra inch at the side seams for insurance. So as long as you use a fabric that has a good amount of stretch, you should be okay. It needs to look nice on the reverse side, too, as some underside will show along the flounce.
motomoda said... (7/30/07 1:21 AM) Reply
I wanted to make this but had no idea about what fabric to use instead of plisse. Do you think it would work in a knit or some other fabric, if I can't find the sort of thing they recommend? Your version looks lovely.

BurdaStyle Downloadable 9306