Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 8700 (60's Dress with Pleated Front)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:8/5/07 3:16 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
nicegirl said... (8/7/07 11:28 PM) Reply
Love this! I was excited to see what you'd come up with for the vintage sewing contest and I am not disappointed (and hope there is more to come?). I am thinking of a jumper for fall, so it's great to see one.
CrescentaLuna said... (8/7/07 5:58 PM) Reply
I love the reviews of these oop patterns! I always feel inspired to work on some of the 60's gems I've thrifted. I must go against the grain, though, and say I think the shirt is really fabulous. Something about the collar ... very sweet!
Mufffet said... (8/6/07 10:59 AM) Reply
Nice dress...pretty style and fabric on you! I remember this style...:)) Thanks for the review.
TrixieD said... (8/6/07 9:17 AM) Reply
The dress looks great on you.
fuzzygalore said... (8/6/07 2:48 AM) Reply
Happy and silly is a good state :-). And you two look great. I didn't mind the look of the stiff fabric in the blouse, but I'm sure it -feels- better when you have something else on underneath.
Annette1 said... (8/6/07 2:00 AM) Reply
Ha! I LOVE that "happy and silly" picture. :o) This looks so nice on you! I agree with your mom, you should make more!
Seamingly Simple said... (8/6/07 0:21 AM) Reply
I can't imagine wearing a jumper again (last time was in Grade 5) but just love the lengthening effect of sleeveless dresses. This one is fabulous, and for what a great price. Wear it with a big smile!
Linda G said... (8/5/07 10:57 PM) Reply
Your dress is darling...I made that jumper out of blue heather wool for 4_H when I was a kid. I also made a white blouse with a tie bow out of a fabric we called whipped cream. I am sure you would win a blue ribbon with your dress!! Your review brought back memories! I noticed the price...65 cents...of course they never went on sale so when you thing of 99 cent sales in this day and age we really are getting a good deal on patterns today.
Birgitte said... (8/5/07 8:27 PM) Reply
Great dress- yes, go and make some more!
carolynw said... (8/5/07 6:41 PM) Reply
Lovely and I agree with your Mom!
khrome said... (8/5/07 5:12 PM) Reply
This is SO cute! I love the pleats.
Bonnie O said... (8/5/07 4:59 PM) Reply
What a great dress! It looks so good on you.
Frogstitcher said... (8/5/07 4:53 PM) Reply
Wow, this is a great '60s pattern. I agree with your Mom, you should sew more of these. Very figure flattering on you.

Kwik Sew 2775