Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> ks-easysewing (Basic Blouse)

Reviewed by:Mufffet

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew

Other Projects by Mufffet using this Pattern

Helen near Sydney said... (8/9/07 5:59 PM) Reply
Your shirt is beautiful, Muffet, as you say, a TNT for sure.
ceehawks1976 said... (8/7/07 1:13 PM) Reply
What a neat looking shirt/blouse! :^) The fabric is perfect for this pattern, and the shirt/blouse looks really good on you. I am very tempted to get this book. Nice review.
Hilary said... (8/7/07 1:04 PM) Reply
Your shirt is really cute-the fabric and buttons are perfect together! I love batiks, too they're so comfy!
Grammy Gin said... (8/7/07 1:04 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review, Muffet. I have this book but haven't used it yet. I do have one of the pattern sheets on my cutting board now looking at it....maybe your review will put the bug in me to copy it...Ginny
Heatherrique said... (8/6/07 5:56 PM) Reply
Spectacular color on you! You did a super job on matching the fronts! Stunning!
Sewingmi said... (8/6/07 2:26 PM) Reply
Vary nice shirt! I can't wait to try this pattern!
cecelia said... (8/6/07 11:48 AM) Reply
Thanks, Muffet--I didn't even know these existed and have ordered it :)
Mufffet said... (8/6/07 10:49 AM) Reply
Sherril, no dart in this...pretty simple shirt really. Fuzzy - the fabric was so easy to fold and work with that the pattern just was THERE, Mary - earrings a gift from DH, and I love turquoise jewelry, and I love the color...this was going to be a fabric in a SWAP, but the rest never got made...yet...
Mary Stiefer said... (8/6/07 10:17 AM) Reply
Wow - Muffet, this looks great on you. I see you also have earrings to match. Great job.
carolynw said... (8/6/07 9:49 AM) Reply
VBery pretty blouse and great that you lined up the design on the fabric just so!
fuzzygalore said... (8/6/07 2:42 AM) Reply
This looks very good on you - nice fit, fabric that suits your coloring, excellent job of matching the waves :-)..
Annette1 said... (8/6/07 1:57 AM) Reply
Oooo, VERY nice! I love your choice of fabric, and the buttons are just the right touch. This fits you beautifully. :o)
Sherril Miller said... (8/6/07 0:37 AM) Reply
I have to use the same sizing combination. I have this book but haven't really used it yet. Thanks for reminding me of it. You shirt is great, but I agree, maybe longer next time to see if you like it any better. I can't remember, does this have a dart?
Mufffet said... (8/5/07 10:27 PM) Reply
cecelia, there are a variety of versions of tee shirt, cardigan, blouse, shirt, pants, shorts, dress....etc., and the book has ways to change several design features of most thing. It is a really nice practical book, with full instructions and the patterns in a sealed envelope in the back of the book. Well worth the money, and sold here on PR! I did get mine from AMAZON though.
Mufffet said... (8/5/07 10:27 PM) Reply
CSM--Carla said... (8/5/07 9:22 PM) Reply
Great looking shirt, Muffet! Thanks for this review--and especially the idea of sewing all the facings together first...Brilliant! Carla
cecelia said... (8/5/07 8:43 PM) Reply
Muffet, very nice. The color looks good on you. How many patterns come with this?
Birgitte said... (8/5/07 8:29 PM) Reply
What great shirt and fabric combo- also, I love the buttons!

Kwik Sew 3385