Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 3559 (Waverly Pillow Shams)

Reviewed by:pakrk

About pakrkstar
OR USA
Member since: 11/22/05
Posted on:8/13/07 5:13 PM

pakrk said... (8/31/07 1:13 PM) Reply
Suz2Sew: These are pillow shams, not enclosed pillows. They have an opening in the back to insert & remove the pillow, just in case you didn't know. The pillow shams are super easy, basically 4 pattern pieces with straight seams. I thought the instructions were very easy. Tip: since the pattern is for many bedroom pieces, keeping sight of the instructions for just the shams could be difficult. I use a highlighter pen to mark the section of instructions that I'm following and pin the instructions to my bulletin board. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions. HTH
Suz2Sew said... (8/30/07 9:39 PM) Reply
pakrk: I just bought my first sewing machine. I already have fabric and pillow forms I want to use. Would this be a good first project? Is it easy to follow?
Stacy Sews said... (8/15/07 9:21 PM) Reply
Fun pillows - I love them!
cathy45 said... (8/15/07 9:21 AM) Reply
How perfect for a girls dorm room!
pakrk said... (8/14/07 11:43 AM) Reply
Thank you for your kind comments! I should state that all DD's and roommate are 18-25 years old. This fabric wouldn't be appropriate for younger girls, I don't think.
Hilary said... (8/14/07 11:32 AM) Reply
*WOWZAAA!!* lol!! I want one too, those are the cutest things! don't think dhubby would approve tho :oP
pterion said... (8/14/07 9:56 AM) Reply
Nice pillows - that fabric is a scream!
Seamingly Simple said... (8/14/07 0:38 AM) Reply
Perfect project for conversational prints
Reggies Mom said... (8/13/07 9:35 PM) Reply
Hubba-hubba! ;-)
Immelu said... (8/13/07 6:54 PM) Reply
That fabric is AWESOME!!!!!!! I love how you did the framing and embroidery! That's a fantastic personal, yet fun, gift!

by: KarlaB