Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 6567 (Retro Apron)

Reviewed by:Leslie in Austin

About Leslie in Austinstarstarstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 1/30/03
Posted on:2/28/03 7:30 PM
Last Updated:2/28/03 9:02 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 9 people    Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
See other patterns in this category: Home Dec
Amy Jeanne said... (8/21/09 12:52 PM) Reply
I love this! That fabric is so cute. I made kitchen curtains out of it :)
Hilary said... (5/18/09 9:58 AM) Reply
Adorable, I remember this apron from years ago (I can't believe I didn't comment!) and pulled it up to see what pattern it was. Anyway, its still as cute as I remember, and I need to make one :o) thanks for the tips (btw, my DH makes the same *racy* comments-lol!!
Karla Kizer said... (6/29/07 7:24 PM) Reply
Okay, I'm pulling this rotisserie review up to the top with a comment. Comment. Based on my feeble memory of PR membership figures, I'd guess there are about 60-70,000 PR people who might have missed these apron photos, and I want everyone to see Leslie's work.
ChristineX said... (3/23/07 1:18 PM) Reply
That is an awesome apron!!
THECocoChanel said... (3/8/04 5:11 AM) Reply
Oh good I'm glad to see this cute fabric panel made into something. I saw it on equilter and wanted to buy it but couldn't come up with anything to make with it especially since it's a panel. I love the apron and the hubby pic is so funny.
MissCelie said... (6/10/03 11:35 AM) Reply
Ummm, this could not be more awesome. I saw this fabric and didn't know quite what to do with it and I have this pattern too. GREAT job.
Rhonda Noah said... (3/2/03 6:49 AM) Reply
Oh, Leslie, I LOVE vintage aprons and have a whole collection of them, but this one is super! I guess I'll be getting the pattern and trying this out some day. Your choice of fabric was perfect, and your apron turned out beautifully. Thanks to your DH for also modeling it for us. ;-)
Leslie in Austin said... (3/1/03 7:21 PM) Reply
Couldn't have completed this apron without your help, Margaret. Thanks again!!
Margaret said... (3/1/03 6:09 PM) Reply
Cute apron! I'm happy I could help and I really like the photos, hee hee. It's great of your hubby to let you post that picture; not everyone would! The fabric is lots of fun too.
Debbie Spriggs said... (3/1/03 9:27 AM) Reply
I love it! Such a cute apron, and a great retro print! Hilarious hubby picture! This pattern is going on my wish list.
Marita Kinnula said... (3/1/03 4:01 AM) Reply
LOL Leslie, you both look great in your aprons, it was hard to stop laughing after your hubbys pic showed up, he looks "cute", and you're so right about the romance thing.:-)
PamJr said... (3/1/03 3:36 AM) Reply
Yes, he needs his own apron -- to match yours, of course.
Pam Z said... (3/1/03 2:02 AM) Reply
Very cute apron! You need to make DH his own apron ;)
Elona said... (3/1/03 1:03 AM) Reply
This very cute apron is a reissue of a 40s Mccalls's (or Advance, maybe?) pattern that pops up a lot on ebay, where it often goes for much more than the new pattern. Never have seen it made up before, though. That's adorable, Leslie!
alex said... (2/28/03 10:43 PM) Reply
Thanks for the giggle! I especially love the picture of your DH!
AnneM said... (2/28/03 9:51 PM) Reply
Very cute! I like your DH's head gear. And you are adorable in the apron. Oh, and good review as well. :)
Georgene said... (2/28/03 9:29 PM) Reply
My, you HAVE been busy! Love it!
Deepika said... (2/28/03 8:49 PM) Reply
Leslie what a cute apron! And I love the print too!
Julia Graham said... (2/28/03 8:21 PM) Reply
That is a _great_ fabric! :-)
Cheryl Colehour said... (2/28/03 8:20 PM) Reply
Hmm...that's funny. When I put on an apron, my husband always says it freaks him out a little because it reminds him of his mother! We're the same size, and when he sees me out of the corner of his eye it's apparently evocative. Anyway, the apron you made is fabulous.
Karen Bowers said... (2/28/03 7:39 PM) Reply
you funny one! i think it's great you made the photo interactive with my mouse! what a great dh you have, and what a fun apron!

Other 1033

by: Char in KS

Paradiso Designs Perfect Pillows Pattern

Paradiso Designs Perfect Pillows Pattern

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

by: 3kids1036