Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 07-2007-101 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:tweedcurtain

About tweedcurtainstar
BC CANADA
Member since: 6/11/06
Posted on:8/23/07 1:39 AM
Last Updated:8/23/07 1:39 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 25 people
Athene said... (9/27/07 1:47 AM) Reply
The blouse looks beautiful. And thank you so much for the very informative review. Seeing that red hot blouse make me want one too.
fuzzygalore said... (8/25/07 2:10 PM) Reply
An FBA adds length as well as width - if you have D cups, you need one even if there are gathers over the bust. The gathers are only enough for a smaller bust, and you'll get effects like the dreaded short front if you skip the FBA. But apart from that I love your shirt, what a nice color, I was totally put off by the Burday pics but yours is great.
Danvillegirl said... (8/25/07 7:42 AM) Reply
I love your blouse! I need to learn to look past what the model is wearing or how to see some of the potential of some the patterns. Your blouse fabric color is great and I can see this working for a business/professional look. Great review.
MelissaB in WA said... (8/25/07 0:33 AM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse - that is on my "to do" list once I get kids school clothes done. Thank you for the helpful review.
malrene said... (8/24/07 1:50 PM) Reply
Thanks for your great review. This was on my to do list so now I'll know what to watch for. I love your method of creating a button loop. I'm definitely going to give this a try!
Luckie Kay Locke said... (8/23/07 11:43 PM) Reply
Your blouse is lovely and looks much better than the pattern. thanks for the laugh at your phrasing and a good review.
SandraB said... (8/23/07 9:46 PM) Reply
Very very cute. I love the colour and I love how the stripes turned out.
Sharon M said... (8/23/07 8:28 PM) Reply
What a great looking top! Excellent review.
edot said... (8/23/07 6:30 PM) Reply
So lovely! I love the gathered keyhole with the optional button closure, and the 3/4 sleeves that can jump from one season to another. I may have to hop on the Burda-Bus!
Levone said... (8/23/07 3:41 PM) Reply
Pretty blouse and great review of it.
marjenann said... (8/23/07 12:01 PM) Reply
What a truly designer look!
Christina Sonja said... (8/23/07 11:58 AM) Reply
I really liked this blouse in the magazine, and your review is immensely helpful - thanks!
Izzie said... (8/23/07 10:53 AM) Reply
Excellent and very helpful review! Thanks for bringing this one back to my attention. Your blouse is very nice and I really like how you used the pinstripes.
loridiane said... (8/23/07 10:53 AM) Reply
I love this top!
bunz said... (8/23/07 10:36 AM) Reply
I'm so glad you did this one first! LOL!! now, I know what to look out for. Sometimes, it pays to be slow!
Em's Summer said... (8/23/07 10:31 AM) Reply
Great top!
Nancywin said... (8/23/07 9:25 AM) Reply
I thought this looked kind of funky in the magazine, but yours looks beautiful. I may try this one.
tomed said... (8/23/07 9:24 AM) Reply
Very nice blouse - I like your version and am going to have to try this one. Thanks for the review.
Sewliz said... (8/23/07 7:55 AM) Reply
Love the effect the stripes in tyour fabric make! And the yoke on the back is cool, another nice feature that BWOF hides in their pictures. Nice top.
Vonnevo said... (8/23/07 2:40 AM) Reply
Gorgeous ! Thank you for a very helpful review :)
JenniferBee said... (8/23/07 2:36 AM) Reply
Great blouse, I skipped past this one in my BWOF, will have to take another look now. Thank you for your excellent review.
Sherril Miller said... (8/23/07 2:20 AM) Reply
That turned out very cute. I love the color. Can't wait to see the next one.

Serendipity Studio SDG-104