Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4435 (Novelty Bags)

Reviewed by:Nicoal

About Nicoalstar
MO USA
Member since: 8/25/06
Posted on:8/28/07 9:22 AM
Last Updated:8/28/07 9:25 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
Nicoal said... (8/29/07 12:53 PM) Reply
Kathy, thanks. And no! I didn't do that. So thanks so much for that tip, I have worried about the strap breaking. Should this happen, I think I could repair it using your technique. This is why I like PR!
Kathy in NM said... (8/29/07 10:07 AM) Reply
Great bag! I love the fabric. It is fun too that your daughter knows she has a unique bag made by her mom! (Maybe it will inspire her to sew someday). One suggestion if you make more bags for carrying heavy items. Sew the straps all the way around, under the bottom and back up the other side. In other words, they incircle the bag. I can't tell if that was done on the inside. My daughter used one of the knitting bags I had made for her college book bag. She stuffed it full of heavy books. I think what saved it was the strap going all around and under the bottom to support the weight. Once again, congrats on a nice bag for your DD!
solosmocker said... (8/28/07 11:55 AM) Reply
Great book bag, Mom!
Sharon M said... (8/28/07 11:31 AM) Reply
Love it! I can't believe you actually had some sew-in interfacing in the your stash...I don't think I locate any if I actually needed some. I would never have guessed this was the pattern you began with - its a great fabric choice. Good idea about the diaper bag - I have a friend who is due to give birth to baby number three and this would be a great gift.
busy91 said... (8/28/07 10:13 AM) Reply
Nice looking bag. That is a good library book bag for sure!

Folkwear 207