Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5376 (Stuff by Hilary Duff Jacket)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:9/6/07 0:25 AM

Annette1 said... (10/16/07 7:18 PM) Reply
31 pieces! This had been be added to the "keepsake" pile when she outgrows it, along with the pattern, so you can point to it in your old age and say, "SEE what I made for you?" :o) It turned out SO cute, especially with that penguin fabric. This is the first one of the Hillary Duff patterns I've seen made up. I hate to admit it, but I've looked at her patterns and thought, hmmm, wish that came in my size. :o) Very cute jacket and even cuter model!
ryan's mom said... (9/17/07 7:01 AM) Reply
Wow! I'm in admiration mode :) . A child's outfit with 32 pieces and I would have looked the other way LOL. You did a terrific job with this and DD must be absolutely thrilled.
karenadey said... (9/10/07 10:01 AM) Reply
I really like the jacket, I was thinking about making it, but it seems like it's too time consuming. I made the capris for my daughter from this pattern, and they took sooo long to make, i am not making them again, I didn't understand the instructions, and like I said they took long, but they look so nice on my daughter, I forgot how much work they were. I do plan on making the shorts maybe for the next summer.
cindy-lou said... (9/7/07 12:33 PM) Reply
what a great outfit! My DS loves that fabric. You're a nice mommy to make a 13-piecxe pattern for your girl!
Tiner W said... (9/6/07 11:42 PM) Reply
Wow! Thanks for the detailed review! This is very timely as I've just cut out another Hillary Duff outfit (5417) for my DD. I was hoping to start sewing it this weekend, but also feel a bit overwhelmed by the number of pattern pieces! I also cut it a size larger because it does look like a lot of work. DD picked the pattern out--in the future I'll steer her away from the HD patterns!
CynthiaSue said... (9/6/07 11:39 PM) Reply
Amazing review. adorable clothes. Thanks for all your effort on the review!
bunz said... (9/6/07 4:29 PM) Reply
terrific!
Dmd4106 said... (9/6/07 1:22 PM) Reply
Too adorable. Your hard work more than paid off. It shows all over yr dd face. Great review.
pterion said... (9/6/07 10:14 AM) Reply
You got a really great result, your daughter looks happy and since you wisely sized up, you'll get a couple of years of wear from it. Great mom! Thanks for the review, I've been eyeing this pattern line. If you try the top and capris, do review it again!
moss said... (9/6/07 9:28 AM) Reply
so cute! It looks fantastic and I love the fabric!!
narcissaqtpie said... (9/6/07 8:48 AM) Reply
Cute!!! All of your effort was worth it since your daughters loves it. thanks for the review, great info! I have this pattern need to reconsider.
dbsewer said... (9/6/07 8:47 AM) Reply
Very cute. If McCall's intended this pattern to draw the younger set, however, I'm certain it would be more of a turn-off than a turn-on given the number of pieces. It looks great and I hope your dd gets a lot of wear from it after all of that hard work you put in.
MarilynB said... (9/6/07 6:56 AM) Reply
Heather, what a lovely, fun jacket. I hope your daughter gave you a big hug for all your work. Great, detailed review.
fuzzygalore said... (9/6/07 4:24 AM) Reply
Oy. You're a much better mother than I'd ever be if you think this is acceptable... I adore the results, the penguins are totally cool and the cut is good. But 32 pieces and 11 hours is way too much for children's clothes, which will be outgrown in 2 weeks. The child would have to live in it constantly, with overnight washing, and I'd still be dissatisfied...
morzel said... (9/6/07 0:58 AM) Reply
Time was worth it! the fabric really IS cool.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (9/6/07 0:46 AM) Reply
Very cool fabric! Great jacket.

Fanny Pack or Purse Paper Pattern