Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2759 (Anne Klein suit and top)

Reviewed by:rivergum

About rivergumstarstarstarstar
Member since: 12/17/06
Posted on:9/9/07 7:05 AM
Last Updated:9/9/07 7:07 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

rivergum said... (9/11/07 5:27 AM) Reply
SewTwin, itndoes sound like a swayback correction, doesn't it? But I think it's just a big bum-small waist type correction in my case. I take out 3-5 cm each side of the CB, that's 6-10 cm altogether.
Marilyn N. said... (9/10/07 10:09 PM) Reply
Much better to spend a few hours pulling out threads than to throw away a pair of pants that fit well.
SewTwin said... (9/10/07 6:02 PM) Reply
Yea, someone else as OCD as I am! We gotta persevere, but then look what you get when you do..Cool pants.Did you mean you corrected the back seam for swayback?
TammyD said... (9/10/07 3:29 PM) Reply
Beautiful pants. But I can't believe you actually pulled out those threads...
Annette1 said... (9/10/07 12:36 PM) Reply
Thanks! I WILL try that next time I have to photograph pants. You're just full of all kinds of good ideas! :o)
Grammy Gin said... (9/10/07 11:51 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. What a lot of work to remove the pinstripes...IMHO, I always thought they were slimming. Maybe just because I like them... LOL. You look great in your new pants. Looking forward to seeing the other versions you make.
Marji said... (9/10/07 9:29 AM) Reply
LOL, great save on the pinstripe. This is also my fav go-to pant pattern.
rivergum said... (9/9/07 7:58 PM) Reply
>>>Seems like pants pictures never look as good as they do in person.>>> Annette1, I think I have this worked out. When you take the photo, you need to stand with your legs apart, so you can see through them all the way up. Then you stick your bum out a bit. You can't see this in the photo, but it pulls the material taught across your thighs and gives a slimmer look than a big dark blob, which is what it looks like when you're standing relaxed with your feet together. This pose makes the photo look a lot more like what the pants look like in reality. Try it next time, it certainly works for me.
bunz said... (9/9/07 6:48 PM) Reply
Wow, what a fit! Pulling out the white threads -- gotta love it :-)
rivergum said... (9/9/07 6:12 PM) Reply
Em's Summer, I love the style of the jacket, but watch out for the sleeves. The top of the sleeve needs redrafting, but I'm not sure how to do this. There will be plenty of people on this site who will be able to tell you though.
Annette1 said... (9/9/07 3:57 PM) Reply
Now, I would never even THINK to pull out pinstripes. :o)) However, I think you could certainly wear them well. These pants must REALLY, REALLY, REALLY look nice on you if they look this good in the picture! Seems like pants pictures never look as good as they do in person. Very innovative on your part, and these pants look GREAT on you.
Em's Summer said... (9/9/07 2:45 PM) Reply
That is definitely a GREAT looking pair of pants. They look like they fit you perfectly! And what a great save! Necessity is truly the mother of great inventions! I am finally getting this pattern in my size. I have 2 that are too large and just bought one from the Vogue site in the correct size. I was only planning to make the top and the jacket, but after seeing your review, I'm now planning to make the entire set. Thanks for this wonderful review!
Ronda Rae said... (9/9/07 12:14 PM) Reply
I just got some free pin stripe material and I'm not a pin stripe kinda girl either. I figured I'd use it for muslin material. I think the pants look great- wonderful fit! I've actually taken apart a complete shirt with a seam ripper- it IS a bit therapeutic!
CarolynGM said... (9/9/07 9:43 AM) Reply
Wow! What an innovative save on your fabric -- I sure can't see a single pin stripe in the picture! I've made this pattern too and love it. I hope you'll post pictures of your next pair.
carolynw said... (9/9/07 8:56 AM) Reply
Good fit - had a laugh at the thought of you pulling out all the white threads - hey - it was worth it if you feel more comfortable without the pin stripe but from where I sit - your shape is just fine!

Sew Liberated The Emmeline Apron