Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2134 (Jean Patou Evening Gown)

Reviewed by:shinta

About shintastar
THAILAND
Member since: 8/4/06
Posted on:9/30/07 3:07 AM
Last Updated:9/30/07 7:01 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 30 people
Restart06 said... (7/1/08 10:40 AM) Reply
Wow, how beautiful, and drapes wonderfully. Inspires me to work harder, and spend more hours on the machine!!!! Thanks for sharing.
peony rose said... (6/8/08 6:36 PM) Reply
Hi, what a gorgeous dress, very well done, I adore such dresses. Is it maybe possible to get a copy of this pattern. I looked on the net for this pattern, but alas. I hope, I didn't offend you with my question?
sewmommylynn said... (10/29/07 1:59 PM) Reply
Shinta, Congratulations!!!Wow you put the dress together beautifully. What will you be sewing when you become experienced? Watch out sewers, Shinta is sewing right uo the ladder of success.
fryman said... (10/27/07 2:14 PM) Reply
Congratulations on this great win!! The lining fabric choice is exciting and, I think, very designer level. How old is this pattern? Where and when did you wear this formal dress? Did you have assistance with the actual sewing? Very very impressive for a biginner. Good for you
Liz 66 said... (10/26/07 2:48 PM) Reply
Wonderful job! I'm curious what kind of machine you have? The stitches look so nice and tight (not to mention your handwork!)
jjc said... (10/25/07 5:34 AM) Reply
excellent job! your choice of fabric is perfect. the dress has body yet, does not look stiff and the fit is just perfect. congrats on a job well done.
said... (10/24/07 1:47 PM) Reply
A beautiful gown. IMO the project is more lovely than the pattern photo. Great selection. Great job
Najah said... (10/24/07 10:47 AM) Reply
Absolutely inspiring! You represent us beginning sewers well by demonstrating so much patience and attention to detail with this dress.
piggyannie said... (10/24/07 7:32 AM) Reply
you have done such a beautiful job as a beginner! I don't think you should label yourself as a beginner. Congratulations! :)
Mac426 said... (10/24/07 7:29 AM) Reply
Absolutely BREATHTAKING! I can't believe this is your first lining and zipper because you look like a cream of the crop seamstress. The lining you chose is breathtaking as well! I'd give anything to be able to sew like that!
De789 said... (10/10/07 7:49 AM) Reply
Took my breath away when I saw it. Absolutely STUNNING!!!
AnnB said... (10/9/07 11:14 PM) Reply
This is beautifully done -- your sewing is exquisite. If you are really a beginner, you are starting out right!
candicer said... (10/9/07 11:52 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! And in the true vintage style! Bravo to you!!!
lavinarose said... (10/8/07 8:26 AM) Reply
This dress is stunning, beautifully crafted and fits well with your silhouette and colouring. A*++
Batik said... (10/4/07 8:01 PM) Reply
I enjoyed seeing this so much, especially knowing how much hand sewing went into it. Fabulous fit and fabric choices. A++
Javier S. said... (10/4/07 4:12 PM) Reply
This project is amazing!!! this is what it's all about couture at home, at it's best. You should be very proud of your dress. I am going to use this review of your dress as inspiration for a long time.
Bettsi said... (10/4/07 2:29 PM) Reply
How beautiful! Well done! I loved seeing the photos of the inside.
Annette H said... (10/4/07 6:54 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful.
apriljay said... (10/3/07 3:42 AM) Reply
far out that is just awesome, very beautiful, you did a fabulous job.. it really is simply stunning, I'm in awe!!!
SarahWeb said... (10/2/07 5:13 PM) Reply
Your dress is amazing.
reethi said... (10/2/07 11:08 AM) Reply
This dress is so perfect. Congratulations, you did a great job on it, and I'm really happy it is making waves on the internet (It was featured on A Dress A Day today).
EveS said... (10/2/07 0:15 AM) Reply
Fantabulous! (I don't think anyone's used that one yet.) And you LIKE hand stitching? sheesh.
hongkongshopper said... (10/1/07 7:09 PM) Reply
Wow!!!!! Amazing. You must be very happy with the dress.
Annette1 said... (10/1/07 1:29 PM) Reply
Sheer perfection in every way. Promote yourself!! :o)
Harriet Rogers said... (10/1/07 12:41 PM) Reply
Whoa--this is fabulous. Please move your beginning listing at the the very least to an intermediate, although this dress looks like it was made by a very advanced sewer. Beautiful work: thanks for sharing all the details and the beautiful pictures. Whereever you're going to wear this dress, you'll be the belle of the event.
cmarie12 said... (10/1/07 9:54 AM) Reply
This is an amazing dress...love the color and the interesting print for the lining material! I'm with Ann. Girl you are no beginner!
megp47 said... (10/1/07 9:18 AM) Reply
stunning!
xstpenguin said... (10/1/07 9:07 AM) Reply
Utterly incredible. The fabrics, the colour, the fit! And the workmanship - just amazing. I think we are all running out of superlatives. ;-)
LauraLo said... (10/1/07 9:07 AM) Reply
This is beautiful! I really love it.
squirrellypoo said... (10/1/07 7:54 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful. Better you than me on the handstitching though - I've got such low patience for it!
BillieJean said... (10/1/07 5:58 AM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful dress and your handwork is impeccable (sp).
Blooms said... (10/1/07 5:49 AM) Reply
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!
Linda G said... (9/30/07 11:57 PM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful.. I really like the print lining...nice touch. Your did a great job on your review.
GorgeousFabrics said... (9/30/07 7:03 PM) Reply
Wow! After seeing your beautiful work, I'm not buying that you are a beginner ;-) Time to up your rating!
Squeezylemon said... (9/30/07 6:57 PM) Reply
Can't think of anything else to say that everyone hasn't said - ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!! Wish I lived a different life where dressing in such clothes was the norm........!!
Heatherrique said... (9/30/07 6:39 PM) Reply
Golden elegance
PhyllisC said... (9/30/07 6:38 PM) Reply
Oh I love the witty lining! And the fact that you made it in YELLOW!
ELizabeth_Atl said... (9/30/07 6:09 PM) Reply
When I saw your picture I thought for sure this was a joke. No way someone actually sewed that at home and calls themselves a beginner. Even the photography is gorgeous. We are all green with envy over your fabulousness!
Kellie R. said... (9/30/07 3:39 PM) Reply
That is fantastic!!!! Congratulations on making such a beautiful gown!
Erica B. said... (9/30/07 3:12 PM) Reply
That dress is so stunning! This is most definitely a showstopper!
DorothyK said... (9/30/07 1:43 PM) Reply
Wonderful work. Stunning dress. Looks perfect on you. Congratulations.
SheriF said... (9/30/07 12:45 PM) Reply
Wow! Gorgeous beyond words! You are a gifted seamstress. I can't wait to see more from you.
Nancywin said... (9/30/07 12:34 PM) Reply
You should be very proud of this. Your hand work is done beautifully. This is a stunning dress and your workmanship looks perfect.
quiltsammon said... (9/30/07 12:31 PM) Reply
Holy Cow!! What style! Where are you going to wear it?
Avril said... (9/30/07 11:55 AM) Reply
It's lovey!
Jan B. said... (9/30/07 11:39 AM) Reply
Lovely!!!
Izzie said... (9/30/07 11:32 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress! Can't believe this is your first lining and zipper. You truely have a gift!
Sharon M said... (9/30/07 11:03 AM) Reply
It's beautiful
cindyann said... (9/30/07 10:56 AM) Reply
Gorgeous. Wonderful workmanship. Your photos look quite professional.
Christina Sonja said... (9/30/07 10:44 AM) Reply
Beautiful!! I enjoy hand stitching too, and on a dress from Patou, it really gives that couture touch that was intended :)
carolynw said... (9/30/07 10:40 AM) Reply
I am speechless - I thought the photo of you in the dress was from the pattern envelope - what a truly beautiful dress and your work on it makes it a true classic.
Lori V said... (9/30/07 10:18 AM) Reply
This is so stunning, incredible job. I agree with the other comments, I thought it was a model's photo.
Kay Y said... (9/30/07 9:47 AM) Reply
Well, I'll echo the admiration in other comments - simply an exquisite dress - wonderful! I sure hope to see other things you make reviewed here.
MissCelie said... (9/30/07 9:41 AM) Reply
I am about to shout: THAT DRESS IS FABULOUS. Stunning. Ohmigosh.
Doctor Sister said... (9/30/07 8:50 AM) Reply
I kept looking for the picture of your project. Then realized that was your project. The dress is so well done, and photographed so stylishly - I thought it was from the company! Congratulations!!!
leanmeansewingmachine said... (9/30/07 8:36 AM) Reply
This is such a beautiful garment. The fit and construction are amazing!
Nancy K said... (9/30/07 8:26 AM) Reply
Wow! Are you sure you're a beginner? This dress is wonderfully fitted and sewn. Beautiful and flattering.
Tiner W said... (9/30/07 8:19 AM) Reply
Wow! What a breathtaking dress--and impeccable workmanship!
Sew4Fun said... (9/30/07 8:17 AM) Reply
Stunning dress. I adore the colour and the lining you used. You did an excellent job.
bluenines said... (9/30/07 8:12 AM) Reply
Beautifull dress , excellent job on all of the hand sewing
sewfrequent said... (9/30/07 8:09 AM) Reply
As I prepared to comment on your lovely dress, the word that came to mind was the same word used by others--STUNNING! The fabric, fit and style are impeccable!!
dbsewer said... (9/30/07 8:02 AM) Reply
Wow, what a great job you did. I thought the photo was of a model. The dress is gorgeous and stunning on you.
Ceri said... (9/30/07 7:38 AM) Reply
Truly stunning! Congratulations!
So So said... (9/30/07 6:41 AM) Reply
WOW! Love it!
akazukinchan said... (9/30/07 5:45 AM) Reply
Excellent job! You might be a beginner but your dress looks couture. Nice photos too.
Sanibelle said... (9/30/07 4:30 AM) Reply
Simply stunning! Yours is much prettier than Vogue's pattern photo. The pockets are much nicer without the buttons.

by: Mimsy Boro...