Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8392 (Easy blouses-pleated neckline)

Reviewed by:Nancy K

About Nancy Kstarstarstar
NY USA
Member since: 12/28/04
Posted on:10/12/07 3:13 PM
Last Updated:10/12/07 3:16 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Helen Claire said... (1/31/09 1:18 PM) Reply
Pardon me for being entirely off-topic but the skirt you're wearing in the photo is fantastic. It suits you marvelously. Is it a brocade?
Sharon M said... (10/20/07 4:14 PM) Reply
I'm sorry this didn't work out as you were hoping. I have this pattern and was contemplating sewing it in the near future. I appreciate the review - I think I'll choose a different pattern for my fabric.
Karine said... (10/16/07 2:40 PM) Reply
Nancy, I'm sorry you had bad luck with this pattern, but sure appreciate the review. I completely agree with your observation about "easy" Vogue patterns.
Physics Girl said... (10/15/07 11:55 AM) Reply
I noticed that Debra H put in shaping darts to take in some of the width... That might possibly help control the wrinkle, although the shape of it is odd. Because of other positive reviews of this and its basic cut, I'm still going to give it a shot as a possible underneath-a-suit top... but because of your review, I cut it out in a cheaper fabric that I'm mostly just looking to clear from the stash. Thanks for the warnings!
blue mooney said... (10/14/07 7:50 AM) Reply
Wow, the neckline on the pattern sketch is REALLY inaccurate. And your photo is great - you gave that pattern every opportunity to look good, and it failed. Thanks for the honest review.
Nancy K said... (10/13/07 3:01 PM) Reply
yeah, I had trouble with the sleeves too. You'd think I never put in a sleeve before it was such a pain.
nadinec said... (10/13/07 10:48 AM) Reply
I also had problems with this pattern. The sleeves didn't work for me at all, so I removed them. I did an FBA and fiddled with the front neckline and have a top I really like, although it doesn't bear much of a resemblance to the original pattern, LOL! Love your fabric!!!
Nancy K said... (10/13/07 8:53 AM) Reply
Dear Fuzzy, I am going to try your suggestion. I have a lower bust, which might account for this problem, though I do take it into account when I make my fba.
fuzzygalore said... (10/13/07 6:21 AM) Reply
Odd wrinkle, you're right. I agree it looks like you have plenty of room in width. What would happen if you pulled up the center front a tiny bit? Maybe it just -droops-. It's a shame you aren't totally happy, your fabric looks great, the pattern looks fine on the enveloppe.. We're so lucky to have this site :-).
Sport said... (10/12/07 9:49 PM) Reply
Nancy, I too had frustrating results with this pattern. I tweaked and twiddled with muslins for this pattern to no avail. I have no bust yet had some of the same results you mention. I'm not a highly experienced sewer, so I was questioning my impression that the drafting was off. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Nancywin said... (10/12/07 7:15 PM) Reply
Sorry this did not work out as planned. I can see what you mean about the pulling, yet there looks like there is ample fabric. I think you're right - it must be the drafting.
SillyValley said... (10/12/07 6:59 PM) Reply
thanks for the tip and I agree with you about the finishings for the easy patterns. The fabric is really great though. Maybe you can find a way to make the top work the way you like?
carolynw said... (10/12/07 6:40 PM) Reply
Nancy I am sorry this did not work out for you but if someone with your level of expertise has problems with this then it is one pattern I do not need to add to the stash
CarolynGM said... (10/12/07 5:24 PM) Reply
I have this pattern, so I appreciate your warnings very much.

by: Sheila457