Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2988 (Vogue Wardrobe)

Reviewed by:ITAdmin

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants    Skirts

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Johanna Lu said... (11/26/07 3:40 AM) Reply
Great review. Your ensemble looks lovely! I am doing the jacket right now, and I totally agree about the cutting allowance. I had less and slightly narrower fabric than stipulated and had to spend almost 30 min moving pieces around trying squeeze it all in.
Annette1 said... (11/11/07 0:18 AM) Reply
Well, I'm glad you SQUEEEEEEZED these out of your fabric, because they turned out perfect! I love your fabrics, and both the skirt and the jacket fit you to a tee!
ITAdmin said... (11/6/07 6:19 PM) Reply
It doesn't have to be really stretchy, just have some "give." I think the most important factor in choosing the skirt fabric is the decided flare at the bottom. The fabric has to able to fall nicely at the seams so it has the right shape. I would think that lightweight gabardine or many of the lighter suiting fabrics would work. Probably boucle as well. I hope you'll give it a try. I'd love to see some more reviews of the pattern.
inkstain said... (11/6/07 1:00 PM) Reply
Do you really need stretch wool for the skirt? I'm tempted, but the variety of stretch fabrics available to me in our one fabric store is limited. Do you think I could use a non-stretch for the skirt? Thanks
Karine said... (11/5/07 9:00 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. Your skirt and jacket look terrific.
CarolynGM said... (11/5/07 5:11 AM) Reply
Well done - I've been hoping someone would review this pattern. I just had a similar cutting challenge on a jacket -- fabric was 52 inches wide -- so I feel your pain there.
Tearsa said... (11/5/07 4:29 AM) Reply
This is SO pretty. What a feminine jacket. I have never sewn a Vogue pattern but this makes me want to try! I give your take on this fab pattern 2 thumbs up!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (11/4/07 8:04 PM) Reply
Very good Review!! I appreciate your comments about the challenges you had--and how you solved them--the best. Enjoy your pretty outfit.
svenskaflicka said... (11/4/07 8:01 PM) Reply
What a luscious color combo! Your outfit has a cool '60s vibe. Love it!
LauraTS said... (11/4/07 7:51 PM) Reply
I really like how this turned out, the jacket especially. Thanks for the review, as I have this pattern in my TBS pile. Recommended yardages can be so frustrating - some I've found recommend waaaayyy too much, and some too little.

Burda 7318