Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8305 (Vogue Easy Options)

Reviewed by:marjenann

About marjenannstarstar
Member since: 8/26/04
Posted on:11/7/07 1:54 PM
Last Updated:11/7/07 1:58 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 8 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants
nancy2001 said... (4/14/08 2:56 PM) Reply
Thanks for your very helpful review. I have this pattern but haven't made it yet. Looks like I should because your top is great looking.
Leslie Bonner said... (11/9/07 7:46 PM) Reply
Fabulous top. Guess I'll have to invest in another pattern.
Danvillegirl said... (11/9/07 6:55 AM) Reply
I like this top. I have this same fabric and keep wondering how I want to make it up. It looks great they way you used it.
lilyofthevalley said... (11/8/07 4:52 PM) Reply
Lovely top; graceful, modest, yet fashion forward.
sandrasdaughter said... (11/8/07 2:19 PM) Reply
Yay! I am makingthe dress for church Sunday. Great review!
Katerina said... (11/8/07 1:22 PM) Reply
BEAUTIFUL!I love it! I am also in the market for a nice wrap top without having to show skin..I want to go and get it.Congrats for the selection of fabrics as well.They are both so pretty.
kiddo said... (11/8/07 11:04 AM) Reply
Brilliant!!! and so elegant!
Lee-Ellen said... (11/8/07 10:38 AM) Reply
Wow -- great looking tops! I've been looking for a sexier top to wear instead of turtlenecks. And the bodice looks like it will be really flattering on even me!
Nancy K said... (11/8/07 8:55 AM) Reply
Love your fabric choice for this one. Looks really nice.
carolynw said... (11/8/07 8:49 AM) Reply
They are beautiful - did you find th epattern a very close fitting one?
cecelia said... (11/8/07 8:45 AM) Reply
These tops came out very nicely. I like the pattern and your fabric choices, particularly the orangy one.
marjenann said... (11/8/07 6:57 AM) Reply
Thanks for the nice comments! I did try to put the top on without a zipper, but couldn't get the darn thing on!! I would definitely try to do without one if at all possible! I usually wear a 16. This has a close fit, no wiggle room!!
Ronda Rae said... (11/8/07 6:21 AM) Reply
This looks great! It works very well with the printed fabrics.
Karla Kizer said... (11/8/07 6:12 AM) Reply
In addition to being a lovely stand-alone top, this looks as if it would be wonderful in place of a shell under jackets, too. Great top, great review.
Dmd4106 said... (11/7/07 6:13 PM) Reply
Great! Gorgeous tops! I echo yr sentiments with regards to the dipping necklines.I think invisible zippers are much nicer in tops and dresses. The extra work is a nice touch. Enjoy reading yr review.
motomoda said... (11/7/07 6:06 PM) Reply
I especially like the yellow version - love the way the fabric design works with the folds. That sold me on this top :) Maybe this is a silly question, but does it really need a zipper?
Mahogany Stylist said... (11/7/07 5:56 PM) Reply
Great tops!
AngieC said... (11/7/07 4:36 PM) Reply
I love you top! The other fabric is so elegant yet this one from EOS is really fun! Great review~
Babs42 said... (11/7/07 4:25 PM) Reply
I love them both! I like the orange one alot, the fabric is gorgeous!
anuprabhu said... (11/7/07 3:14 PM) Reply
Looks great! Love the choice of fabric, especially the orange one.
svenskaflicka said... (11/7/07 2:51 PM) Reply
Ooh, LOVE this! I like how the lines in the print emphasize the diagonal wrapping.
Em's Summer said... (11/7/07 2:46 PM) Reply
WOW! That looks great! I love wrap tops and have had this pattern in my stash for a few months. I've been meaning to get to it, and seeing your top just pushed it towards the top of my 'to sew' pile! Great review!
CharityAK said... (11/7/07 2:12 PM) Reply
I was thrilled to read this review as I have been looking for a wrap knit top that wasn't all about cleavage, if you know what I mean. :) I don't want to have to go shopping for a camisole. This pattern is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I have a gorgeous red lambswool sweaterknit I've been saving once I found the perfect pattern. And this looks like it. :)
gatorgirl4325 said... (11/7/07 2:10 PM) Reply