Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 11-2007-118 (sweatshirt)

Reviewed by:Linda G

About Linda Gstar
Member since: 11/11/06
Posted on:11/8/07 7:27 PM
Last Updated:11/8/07 7:27 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
kiddo said... (1/3/08 4:10 PM) Reply
Brilliant!!! You look wonderful and your construction is impeccable. Thanks for your tips. I especially appreciate the tip on the cuffs and the sizing info. I have not sewn a BWoF pattern yet. I have this copy and am encouraged to start.
MissCelie said... (12/23/07 6:20 PM) Reply
I'm sorry I missed this the first time around. I pulled out this pattern last week. Your's is tremendous and now I'm really excited to make it up!
reethi said... (11/14/07 3:05 AM) Reply
This is so amazing. I really really want to make this now...
Marita Kinnula said... (11/12/07 0:12 AM) Reply
Linda, thank you for making this, it's so nice, and you did a great job, again!!!! Marita
Terri Smith said... (11/11/07 7:57 PM) Reply
I like to wear my newly made clothes around the house to check out the "wearability" factor too! This is a nice alternative to the standard sweatshirt. Thanks for the review.
PhyllisC said... (11/11/07 7:48 AM) Reply
Wow that's great...I've been ignoring WOF for the past few months, but I'll need to pick up this issue!
MelissaB in WA said... (11/10/07 11:47 PM) Reply
I really want to make this top and appreciate your helpful review. It looks fabulous on you!!
xtreme1 said... (11/9/07 6:46 PM) Reply
It looks wonderful on you.
crisford said... (11/9/07 12:29 PM) Reply
A very special sweatshirt! Looks great on you!
Irene Q said... (11/9/07 11:23 AM) Reply
Wow, you're quick! I think the curvy fit of the top looks great on you! And wonderful job with the seam details.
jnamcd said... (11/9/07 10:54 AM) Reply
Oh, this is wonderful! I eyed this one as soon as I got my issue. But I've been a little leary because of their choice in fabric, as I didn't know where to get something like this! So I'm so glad to see your review in fabric other than what the magazine called for --and yours looks AWESOME! I'm definately making it now --and will be referring to your review when I do! Thanks!
Grammy Gin said... (11/9/07 9:35 AM) Reply
I love this top. I can't wait for my magazines to start coming. You look really cute with a perfect fit.
Debbie Cook said... (11/9/07 8:11 AM) Reply
I don't love many sweatshirts, but I love this one! Very nice on you!
yorkshire lass said... (11/9/07 6:33 AM) Reply
Oh, yours is much nicer than the one in the magazine. I love the contrast on the sleeves. Thanks for the tip on the sizing.
KathleenS said... (11/9/07 5:15 AM) Reply
I like the look of this!
Squeezylemon said... (11/9/07 4:45 AM) Reply
Beautiful sweatshirt on you! I don't really do "casual" clothes very well (I always think I look like I've just got out of bed) but this is lovely on you, I may just give it a go!
Sigrid. said... (11/9/07 2:42 AM) Reply
This is a very good top/sweatshirt. I had my eyes on this pattern, thank you for the helpful review.
sewbehind said... (11/8/07 11:22 PM) Reply
That turned out well. I like the lines on this top. Thanks for the review. Glad I have this issue. It was a great issue.
Sew_Creative said... (11/8/07 10:55 PM) Reply
thank you for taking the time to write a good review it was very informative.
Elemenopeo said... (11/8/07 10:12 PM) Reply
Oh - I really like this one. Looks great on you and comfortable.
Sew4Fun said... (11/8/07 9:45 PM) Reply
Great sweatshirt and very helpful review. Thanks! This is exactly the style of swetashirt I like to wear (with nothing underneath) so I must get this pattern.
CypGrl said... (11/8/07 9:33 PM) Reply
What a great-looking sweatshirt. I'm going to go back and read the directions for this again. I made the pants from this group in a matte jersey and love them.
sewinglinda said... (11/8/07 9:16 PM) Reply
lovely top, looks a perfect fit on you.
SandraB said... (11/8/07 8:44 PM) Reply
Very, very cute.
Sherril Miller said... (11/8/07 8:40 PM) Reply
I love this top. I wish it came in my size.
Christina Sonja said... (11/8/07 8:22 PM) Reply
Nice!! I like how the seams look because of the lighter color on the reverse side of the fabric. I hope to make this one, too.
CharityAK said... (11/8/07 8:18 PM) Reply
I REALLY like the shape of this and the neckline. A very helpful review as well. Thanks so much for sharing your project.
Izzie said... (11/8/07 7:38 PM) Reply
Love it! I have this one on my list to do so thanks for the review!
The Technique of Underlining Garments