Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8115 (Pants)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:11/10/07 3:20 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants    Plus
KiwiWendy said... (11/13/07 3:01 AM) Reply
I'm with you in hating stretch wovens. The fabric just doesn't behave!
Frozzy said... (11/11/07 7:06 PM) Reply
Sorry you don't like your jeans, but I've got to comment on the beautiful topstitching - its perfect! I love your idea with the slit in the hem also. Thanks for sharing - I've been thinking about working with stretch-wovens, I might have to think a little longer!
Sigrid. said... (11/11/07 3:47 PM) Reply
They look good on you Annette, just leave them in your closet for a while and then see how you feel. Great thing to combine with the front of another pair of pants. Thanks for a great review.
Grammy Gin said... (11/11/07 2:57 PM) Reply
Love your pants & your review! I'm working on a pair of jeans w/spandex... hope I don't have all those problems. ;-)
Fran G said... (11/11/07 9:00 AM) Reply
Sorry you are unhappy with this project Annette, but your review was great and shows that you have not lost that great sense of humor. Actually the pants look pretty good to me, but I understand that you are the one wearing them and if you don't feel special wearing them, that's what counts.
Dee2 said... (11/10/07 2:57 PM) Reply
The jeans look wonderful--I love the topstitching--nice touch. Thanks for this interesting review!
AnneMarie60 said... (11/10/07 10:07 AM) Reply
I'm sorry these jeans caused you so much frustration, but your review gave me lots of great tips! After your frustration wanes, I think you'll enjoy these jeans much more.
marjenann said... (11/10/07 9:47 AM) Reply
My friend just spent a wad on "metallic" jeans! Your's are much better looking!! They look great to me!! The review is a hoot!! Glad I am not the only one with a problem with "stretch wovens"!!
carolynw said... (11/10/07 9:03 AM) Reply
As usual Annette yoru review made me laugh but I hasten to say - not at the pants - just your wording. Perhaps the proof is in the wearign but to me these look like excellent fitting pants. Some how I don't quite see you in shiny copper penny jeans? so it's perhaps good some of the copper washed away? I so share your dislike of having stretch in wovens - always does me in.

SewBaby Quick Kitchen Gifts Pattern