Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8305 (Vogue Easy Options)

Reviewed by:Babs42

About Babs42star
Member since: 9/8/07

Posted on:11/28/07 8:53 AM
Last Updated:11/28/07 8:53 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants
Angelia74 said... (11/29/07 8:19 AM) Reply
It looks beautiful!!! I really love what you did with this... even if it sounds like it almost cost your your sanity! But I think we all know how that feels fom time to time.... know I do!
Athene said... (11/28/07 9:13 PM) Reply
The top is beautiful. So sorry you had such a bad time sewing it - I enjoyed your review very much - it made me LOL as we all get bad days like that.
lilyofthevalley said... (11/28/07 6:32 PM) Reply
This lovely top pattern is in my lineup. If it's any comfort, you've saved me a lot time making the same mistakes you did; I hope I can return the favor soon. Your top is gorgeous. Lily
Grammy Gin said... (11/28/07 3:06 PM) Reply
Love your review...but sorry you had to rip out so many times...sounds like something that would happen to me! I love your top, it looks great on you ;-)
fuzzygalore said... (11/28/07 2:13 PM) Reply
I'm sure it's not any consolation, but there's never any need for a zipper in a knit... Think of turtlenecks. I just don't know why so many pattern companies insist on telling you to do it. Cut and paste of the instructions maybe doesn't work for them ;-). You were lucky though, in your misery... the result is really gorgeous.
eibhlin said... (11/28/07 1:01 PM) Reply
This is such a beautiful and classy top, you did a wonderful job!
eibhlin said... (11/28/07 1:00 PM) Reply
This is such a beautiful and classy top, you did a wonderful job! And what a great fabric choice!!
Kay Y said... (11/28/07 12:58 PM) Reply
Ouch - sometimes the guy that said if anything can go wrong, it will, is just 100% on the money. Despite this, your top looks fantastic.
Donna H said... (11/28/07 12:09 PM) Reply
Take heart. This top looks great and your next one will sew up in 1/4 the time, huh? Thanks for this review.
Luckylibbet said... (11/28/07 11:50 AM) Reply
Well, all the pain sure paid off. What a lovely top! I am drooling over the fabric. So glad it was forgiving!
cathy45 said... (11/28/07 11:15 AM) Reply
This is so beautiful! Hopefully you can get past all the pain and truely enjoy wearing it.
Izzie said... (11/28/07 10:50 AM) Reply
Sorry you had so many problems, but your top turned out fantastic! Love it in the velvet.
Kaitlinnegan said... (11/28/07 10:47 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review! Sounds like all your struggling was worth it - the top looks awesome! I've wondered why a few of these Vogue patterns for knit tops used zippers...good to know they aren't really necessary. :)
carolynw said... (11/28/07 10:07 AM) Reply
Beautiful top and I so feel your pain - some days are such bad days int he sewing room makes you want to pitch everything - ever notice it happens more when we rush?? Ask me how I know! OPS - double post
carolynw said... (11/28/07 10:06 AM) Reply
kkkkaty said... (11/28/07 10:06 AM) Reply
What a fun review, thanks for sharing your experience! That is really a gorgeous top, and this is one of those reviews that makes me want to get up, go to the store, and get the pattern and fabric right NOW!
marjenann said... (11/28/07 10:05 AM) Reply
Wow!! What a smashing top!! Now that the kinks have been worked out you have a superb wardrobe builder!!! I am going to eliminate the zipper next time I make this pattern. Thanks for the great review!
gatorgirl4325 said... (11/28/07 9:30 AM) Reply
So sorry that you had challenges putting this together, but it turned out well! I like the fabric, it looks very cozy.
LindsayT said... (11/28/07 9:17 AM) Reply
Looks great, despite your trials and tribulations!

Kwik Sew 3756