Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 33475-1001 (fabric door stopper)

Reviewed by:MareeAlison

About MareeAlisonstar
NA AUSTRALIA
Member since: 6/6/05
Posted on:11/29/07 6:40 PM
Last Updated:11/29/07 6:50 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
jenleeC said... (12/5/13 3:37 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review Maree. I have to attend a Christmas craft group function and we are all supposed to bring a doorstop for swapping! I love the idea of decor fabric samples. They would be a great fabric weight. I have also read that people interface the pieces if their fabric is a bit light.
Sew4Fun said... (9/4/09 3:58 AM) Reply
Maree, what great little Christmas presents! I've never seen these before in the stores but you know I'll now be looking for them. :) Great idea about the sample book too.
hongkongshopper said... (12/17/07 3:57 AM) Reply
MareeAlison - just caught up with your review. Sooo cute. I really must make some!
MareeAlison said... (12/1/07 1:07 AM) Reply
Thanks Vonne - I saw the Lincraft idea after I'd done the first one and that's where I got the tip about sewing the two triangles together which certainly made things easier. I don't like the dimensions they use though as they are quite small. Terribly cute though.
Deborah K said... (11/30/07 7:18 PM) Reply
Wonderful review, and wonderful idea! Thanks so much. I think I'll make some for Christmas gifts.
Schnauzer said... (11/30/07 6:42 PM) Reply
They're gorgeous Maree! I'm sure your friends will love them.
Ronda Rae said... (11/30/07 12:27 PM) Reply
What a really neat idea!! Very clever. I just want a couple for myself now!
Kay Y said... (11/30/07 8:16 AM) Reply
These are sweet little items and a great way to use home dec samples too. Thanks for the review!
Vonnevo said... (11/30/07 7:09 AM) Reply
Maree these are darling ! Thanks for your review, they are a fabulous gift idea. I just noticed these in the current Lincraft magazine too. http://www.lincraft.com.au/downloads/deccat07/deccat07_4.pdf
rivergum said... (11/30/07 0:59 AM) Reply
Thanks for posting this, what a brilliant idea for presents! I'll get into it asap.
MareeAlison said... (11/30/07 0:39 AM) Reply
Ingiepops - I have seen a triangular gift bag featuring a zip in an earlier Threads. It sounds like they're repeating it. It was very cute. I do have a copy of those instructions somewhere but I found it all a bit confusing. It would be much nicer if someone could show me how to.
zeoplum said... (11/29/07 9:34 PM) Reply
That is such a creative idea. I love it!!
PatM said... (11/29/07 9:25 PM) Reply
What a great little Christmas present!
HeyJane said... (11/29/07 7:31 PM) Reply
Oh those are darling. What a nice gift idea, unique!
Ingiepops said... (11/29/07 7:25 PM) Reply
What a great idea! The latest Threads magazine has a similar pattern for a gift bag instead of a doorstop if you are interested. I love the idea of using the sample book, very clever!
Doctor Sister said... (11/29/07 7:11 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for this idea - I've been looking for something to make for a few friends. These are perfect!!!!

Sewing Workshop Oasis Skirt Pattern