Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2007--120 (tunic)

Reviewed by:cathy45

About cathy45star
KY USA
Member since: 7/6/06
Posted on:12/13/07 11:50 PM
Last Updated:12/13/07 11:52 PM

cathy45 said... (12/16/07 11:38 PM) Reply
Blue mooney, that's so funny because your review was the only reason I seriously looked at doing this top in the first place. Hope you enjoy your revision, thank you for the inspiration.
blue mooney said... (12/15/07 9:03 AM) Reply
Lovely top, and looks great on you! I made this, too, and thought I'd go back and take the band off. Now that I've seen yours, I know that's what I need to do.
moss said... (12/14/07 11:06 AM) Reply
that is really pretty and it looks fantastic on you!
Grammy Gin said... (12/14/07 10:00 AM) Reply
Very pretty fabric for your new tunic! ;-)
marjenann said... (12/14/07 8:09 AM) Reply
Oh so smashing top! Thanks for the great review! I love your design changes!
Annette1 said... (12/14/07 3:54 AM) Reply
Now there's a pattern that I probably wouldn't have looked twice at, but I really like your version! For one thing, I too like it better without the band at the bottom. Also, I like your idea of leaving off the camisole part so you can wear a variety of tops underneath. And I REALLY like how low the cowl goes, in that you can even wear a fairly long necklace and it frames it beautifully. I would have never thought of this style, but now I'm imagining all kinds of possibilities -- ha! AND I like your idea of extending the stitching line to take in some of the excess fabric under the arms, one of my PET PEEVES! Thanks for the great review!
fuzzygalore said... (12/14/07 3:01 AM) Reply
I don't think the fake camisole 'dickie' part is there just to hide your bra -other Burda tops sure don't :-)! It's there mostly to act as a stay to keep the baggy thing from slithering all over the place. That said, I adore your fabric :-)..

Pin-up Girls 1230